After Elijah fed me his blood, he carried me to where I was staying. The wound was pretty bad, that's why it took a while before I was fully healed. In the meantime, there was a second explosion, at which point I was glad I was staying away from the rest of the werewolves, as I would probably be a vampire in transition right now. I was so mad at Elijah. I knew that he did what he did to save me. But, he couldn't be so damn selfish every time!

So, when he came to see me later that evening, when I was wandering around in the woods, I was prepared for a real fight. "How are you?" I clenched me teeth.

"How do you think I am?" I snapped. He lowered his head.

"I'm sorry, Cassandra. I know that you never wanted to be given vampire blood."

"And yet you ignored my will. Sounds familiar?"

"I wanted to protect you!"

"That's what you said the other time too!" He sighed.

"I think it's time to talk about us." I scoffed.

"Us? Is there an 'us'? Did ever an 'us' exist? Because I kind of think that you and I were never in a relationship."

"You can't have said that!"

"Oh I did say that. And I'm going to say more than that. It's time to settle this." He waited for me to continue. "You never listened to me. You never paid attention to what I wanted. You never trusted me enough. You always thought I was this little girl you always had to protect. You would always drug me when you wanted me out of your way!"

"I did that to protect you!"

"Again the same excuse! Aren't you bored of saying the same thing over and over again?"

"This is the truth!"

"Yeah, that's why you left, right? To protect me! That's why you broke my heart into million pieces! It was all to protect me!" I could see the guilt in his eyes. But, I did not intend to stop.

"There is no day that passes, without regretting that decision! I wish I could turn back the time and never leave you. I wish I could take back all the harm my family and I did to you. But, I know that everything I did, every decision I made was to protect you, because I loved you." My heart skipped a bit hearing him say that. "Because I still love you." I shivered at his words.

"Really? You say you love me?" I said raising an eyebrow. I laughed sarcastically. "And what about that bitch Katherine? Was she a proof of your love too?"

"Katherine was a substitute I had created to fill your absence from my life. What I later came to realize the hard way, was that I would never be able to replace you." I laughed once more.

"And Hayley? How is she doing in replacing me?" He lowered his head. "So you do have feelings for her. I was debating with myself whether you did and I proved to be right."

"With only one word from you, I'll forget about Hayley, once and for all. Because, my feelings for you haven't changed." I laughed.

"Well, that's too bad Elijah." I said turning to look him in the eyes. "Because mine have." Shock and hurt filled his eyes. For once he was out of words. "You really thought that after what you did to me I would fall right back into your arms as if nothing has happened? Do you think I'm that kind of a girl? You think I'm such a victim? Returning to the very man that crushed my heart?"

"You said we were soulmates." I saw a hint of a tear in his eyes, but I did my best to ignore it.

"So, now you remembered that we are soulmates. Do you know how it felt to watch you snogging with Elena thinking it was Katherine?" He was about to reply, but I cut him off, raising my hand. "Actually, don't bother! I'll tell you. It destroyed me. YOU destroyed me. For the second time. Damn it, I even turned my humanity off because of you Elijah!!! Do you know what it did to me? You've broken me beyond repair. That sweet smiling girl you met back in Mystic Falls is gone! She is dead! And you killed her! YOU killed me! No matter how hard I try to find myself you will always come and mess things up. And I'm back to square one!" I stopped for a second to take a breath. I could feel his pain. But, this didn't stop me from saying the following words. "I hate you!" His head shot up and looked at me in the eyes. "Yeah, this is it! I hate you! I never thought I could hate someone like that, but I do! I hate you!" I screamed and turned my back to him.

Forgive me.

"I hate you."

I love you.

Author's Note: So, this was originally the chapter I had written, but then I thought it would reveal too much, so I wrote another one. Yet, I couldn't just delete it entirely, so I decide to publish it at the end of the story. Tell me what you think! Love you all!!!!!!!