Missing

Crush on the Teacher

Chapter 40

Missing

Adam

"Alright, guys, when we get there, you are to be on your best behavior. We're representing our school. Got it?" Everyone agrees. "Alright, let's take role here." I go through my English classroom list and notice everyone is here except for a few students. Sauli, Sara, and Hannah. Sara and Sauli are excused, but Hannah's supposed to be here. I don't think her mother called her in. I take a deep breath and put my list down. "Alright, we're ready to go."

The bus drive nods and starts to drive away. Everyone talks or scrolls through social media. I sit in one of the front seats and take out my phone.

Me: You aren't still upset about last night, are you?

Me: Please text me back.

Me: Hannah, text me back!

Me: We need to talk about this!

I don't get a response. By the time we reach the animal shelter, it's too late to wait for Hannah to text back. I instruct everyone to get off the bus and go inside the shelter. A woman shakes my hand and introduces herself before giving us a tour around the animal shelter. It's surprisingly big, but then again, We are in California. Everything's big in this state. From the parks to the mansions.

Afterwards, we release the kids to care for and play with the animals. While I'm observing, I notice Broc and Jack and squint my eyes. I know they know something about Hannah not being here. Broc was the last name she mentioned before she left my house.

I look down at my phone and shoot TJ a text.

Me: TJ, are you busy??

TJ: Leavimg my sister's. What's up? ☺

Me: Remember how Hannah was really upset yesterday?

Me: I need you to call her and see if she'll answer your calls or text.

TJ: if you want, I can stop by her house too if she doesn't answer. Its on the way home.

Me: That would be awesome! Thank you so much, Tommy Joe!!

TJ: What are friends for?! Besides, I care about her too. She's a sweet person.

Me: The sweetest.

Hannah

I wake up in a dark room with a small but soft bed. A sharp pain in my wrists forces me to look up. The first thing I notice is the rope that has my wrists tied to the bed. My heart pounds as I look around the room. It looks familiar. As it should. It was my bedroom. The bedroom I never got a chance to design because Elissa helped me escape. I can see Andrew took the liberty of designing my bedroom. It's still plain. The window is covered in black paint, the bed and sheets are white and soft, there's a small white bookshelf with colorful Young Adult books and the fifty shades of grey versions. Those look a lot like my books.