Sports

Crush on the Teacher

Chapter 17

Sports

Sauli

Well, I guess I kind of have to trust Mr. Lambert now. He's protected Hannah in the best way Monday. I don't want to give him too much trust because people betray that- I know that better than anyone-but if Hannah trusts me, who am I to tell him screw off?

Hannah said something about a shoe box project in Health and Mr. Lambert's coaching football, so there's a game Friday against some school in Nevada and if you're on the football team, Lambert's Health class or on the cheer-leading squad, you can come too. Lucky Hannah. Looks like our gang's going on another trip. Me, Emma, Hector Biance, Sara and Hannah. Our little group. The game is on Friday, but we're leaving Wednesday night for practice. 

I smile as I looked at the football field. 

We can play on weekends as long as there isn't a game happening, which, this weekend there isn't. Early Saturday mornings are the best times to play. 

You should have seen us try to drag Hannah out of her bed. Literally, I had her arm. The only reason she got up was she's expecting to see Mr. Lambert. Love is a weird thing. Especially student teacher love. 

"I can't believe I'm about to break my arm," Hannah huffs. 

"I'm going to teach how to play football," Hector smirks.

"You kick a ball."

"That's only one part, Mrs. Lambert." Hannah rolls her eyes.

Right now, it's me, Salla, Saana, Sara, Brinny, Biance, Hector, his brother, Christian, Hannah, Emma and I. 10 of us playing. And not just Football. Later, we're playing baseball, soccer and we're going to the bowling alley tonight. Full day of fun. It's 9:00, so we'll be playing hard for a while. 

"Alright, teams...", I say, taking out a piece of paper. 

"Saana, Salla, Emma, Christian and Brinny, Team # 1. Team # 2, Me, Hannah, Biance, Hector and Sara. We ready?"

"Yep," everyone says. . well, almost everyone. Cough, Hannah, cough. 

"Alright, now, Hannah, remember, that's our score pit," he says. "And that's there. You can just kick it into theirs just because you're lazy."

"I don't like this game," she says bluntly. 

"She's more into soccer and bowling," Biance tells her boyfriend. 

"Soccer's next. Alright, so this is easy. An idiot can run with a football. It's the matter of not being lazy and kicking it into the right pit."

Hannah

I love this game! I never thought I'd grow to love any sport so much, let alone Football, a sport well known for their cruel injuries they give.  

"Hector, I'm open." He smiles and throws the ball to me. I take it and run to our goal. Saana and Christian are right behind me. Running slightly faster, I pass the line and screamed in excitement. 

"Yay!" Sauli yells, clapping his hands. 

I squeal. 

"I told you it was fun!", Hector says. Christian takes a sip of water and sighs deeply. 

"Hey, kids," Osmo says, bring us a bag of something. Probably food. He's strict about us eating. Same with Sauli. No more of being trying to starve myself. It feels weird, but it's also nice to have people who care. "Got you guys some lunch. Hope you all like Subway."

"Thank you," everyone says. Except me. He smiles. 

"Don't want a phone call saying Hannah collapsed on the field." 

"Way to put me in the spotlight," I say. 

He laughs. "Better safe than sorry, Hannah. Perks or being a father... Well, enjoy your game." He hugs Sauli, kisses my forehead, and leaves us to eat and then play some more. 

Short, yes. Not good with sports... Thanks for reading. 

~Krazykriss~