Chapter 34

Hazel

Today is the wedding day. I'm freaking out. Everyone was dressed except for me. I'm worried that he would marry me.

''Hazel, you need to get into your dress.'' Jalise said.

''Okay.'' I said standing up. I walked into my bedroom and grabbed my wedding dress. I stepped into it and Jalise zipped it up. Gosh, it just hit me that I'm marrying someone. Ms. Joyce brought Alana into the room. My baby girl is eight months. She babbles a lot but she is so precious. I slipped on my Christian Louboutin Very Riche 120MM crystal strass heels. My hair and makeup was done. I got up and walked into the living room. Everyone squealed and crowd around me.

''You look beautiful.'' Ms Joyce said.

''Thank you.'' I said smiling.

''Gosh my sister is getting married.'' Jalise said. My mom wasn't even at her own daughter's wedding. My dad was with the guys.

''How does it feel?'' Elise asked.

''Great, I'm with someone I love.'' I said.

''Let's get your veil and bouquet.'' Ms. Joyce said. Elise put on my veil and Ms. Joyce handed me the bouquet.

''Looks like Alana wants her mom.'' Jalise said, handing Alana to me. She was so beautiful. I kissed her cheek and fixed her headband. I handed her back to Jalise

''Are we ready?'' Heather asked, popping into the room. I nodded and walked toward the door. We decided on a simple wedding here at him. We don't want a honeymoon because we have two kids to worry about and he has his album needs some more work. I walked down the stairs.

''Come on, baby girl.'' My dad said. I linked arms with him and we walked outside. Everyone was standing and the wedding music was playing. I looked through my veil and smiled at Chris. We stopped at the end and hugged my daddy.

''Who gives this woman to this man?'' The priest asked.

''I do.'' My dad said. I walked up to Chris and turned to face him. He took my veil off and smiled.

''Dear beloved, we are here to unite Christopher Maurice Brown and Hazel Maliyah Perez in holy matrimony. The couple has written their own vows. Would you like to go first Christopher?'' He said.

''Well, actually I thought I would sing to this beautiful woman.'' He said taking my hand into his.

''[Sigh] Look. I know we've been friends for a while now.
But, I just feel like I can confess to you.
It's gonna be hard but.
Alright here it goes...
Imagine that the pillow that you cried on was my chest,
and the tissue that you wiped your face with was my hand.
Girl, imagine: if you needed advise about some other guy, I'm the one that comes to mind.
Not tryna hear you tell nobody that I'm just a friend,
just trying to make sure I'm that body that you call your man,
and anytime you need a shoulder -- it's yours, night or day,
but what I'm tryna say is, I wanna be...

The last number you call late at night (said I wanna be),
The first one that you dial when you open your eyes.
Wanna be the one you run to,
wanna be the one that ain't gonna hurt you,
I wanna be yeah, I wanna be yeah..
Be the man making your girl jealous,
be the guy shuttin' down all the fellas..
whatever you need, girl, it's all on me:
soldier, your friend or your lover, girl,
I wanna be...

Would it be cool?
Would you mind if I called you my boo,
what if the next whip you was pushin' was the one I bought for you?
Can I be the one that meets your pops and take your mama shoppin', be the only one they like?
Have you thought about it -- wait -- really thought about it?
Maybe you should take some time
call your girls and talk about it, yeah.
'cause I done already made up my mind,
don't need no more time to know if I wanna be with you,
I wanna be...   The last number you call late at night (said I wanna be),
The first one that you dial when you open your eyes.
Wanna be the one you run to,
wanna be the one that ain't gonna hurt you,
I wanna be yeah, I wanna be yeah..
Be the man making your girl jealous,
be the guy shuttin' down all the fellas..
whatever you need, girl, it's all on me:
soldier, your friend or your lover, girl,
I wanna be...

Put me on your screen saver, all over your myspace and make me one of your top favorites,
that's where I wanna be...
The one you cryin' for (stand up for and fightin' for)
wanna be your good, bad, love, hate girl..

[x2]
Cross my heart hoped to die, on everything that's good,
I'm gonna do you right, show you right, get this understood.

Girl I wanna be, I wanna be.... [sigh]
I wanna be, I wanna be...'' He sung.  I wiped my tears and smiled at him. There was tears streaming down his face.  

''Chris, after I think about everything we have been through I know it makes us stronger as a couple. You gave me my two beautiful child. When we fight, you always do something sweet to make me feel better. Truth is I really love you, I'm glad to be here with you.'' I said smiling.  

''May I have the rings?'' The priest asked. Kayden ran up and the priest got down and got him. He ran back to Ms. Joyce.  

''Do you Christopher take Hazel to be your wife to live together after God’s ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others?'' He asked.  

''I do.'' He said smiling.  

''Do you Hazel take Christopher to be your husband to live together after God’s ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others?'' He asked.  

''I do.'' I said wiping my tears.  

''Christopher take this ring and slide it on her finger. Repeat after me, with this ring I thee wed.'' He said.  

''With this ring I thee wed.'' He said sliding the ring onto my finger.  

''Hazel take this ring and slide it on his finger. Repeat what he just said.'' He said.  

''With this ring I thee wed.'' I said sliding the ring onto his finger.  

''May these rings be a symbol of your undying love for each other. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr & Mrs. Chris Brown. You may kiss your bride.'' The priest said. Chris grabbed my face and kissed my lips softly. I can't believe it. I threw my bouquet and Jalise got it. I can't believe that I'm married!  

What Do You Think  

Leave A Comment & Vote      

Daniella