Chapter Sixteen - Grounded

"A dragon?"

"Yeah."

"A dragon, though?"

"Yes, dean."

"Dragon?"

"Y-"

"Drag-"

"Yes!" Castiel shouted in an amused tone, shaking his head as he smiled.

"What's her name?" Dean asks, looking up at the beast who was eying him suspiciously, however it seemed much more relaxed.

"Charlie." Cas replied, smiling and looking up at her. "She had always had a knack for adventure, always wanted to travel and explore new places. She heard about this abandoned castle off the east coast that was apparently home to a powerful witch by the name of Rowena. I don't know what happened to the witch but because Charlie entered the castle and started collecting rare jewels and things, the witch thought she was stealing them and turned her into a dragon as punishment."

"Rowena? I've heard that name before." Dean pondered for a second but couldn't think of where he had heard it. Castiel just shrugged before turning back to the dragon... his sister... dean was still mildly confused.

"Charlie, you have to stop eating the farmers live stock." Castiel said seriously. "He needs them to live."

The dragon hugged and groaned, dean could almost swear it rolled its eyes as if it was human. Well, it was human, that's what he had found out.

"You don't understand, I'm the prince now, this is my kingdom too." The dragon cocked it's head and then stared at dean, growling slightly.

"This is my husband, dean." Cas said, stuttering on the word husband as if he wasn't completely used to it yet. Dean gave an awkward smile, not knowing how to interact with the beast in front of them both.

"So she's your sister?" Dean stuttered out and Castiel shrugged and nodded.

"Well, not by blood." Castiel replied. "She's a beta that had been kicked out of her pack for sneaking around with the head alphas omega. Like I said, she's adventurous."

"The head alphas omega? Man, she must be brace." Dean whistled and shook his head. "Did she fall in love with him?"

"The omega was a woman." Castiel replied simply. "And I don't know, she doesn't really like to talk about it."

"Nice." Dean said and Castiel looked at him in confusion.

"What?" He asked. Dean grinned broadly before replying.

"Lesbian dragon."

***

It took a while for Castiel to persuade Charlie to get off the rooftop. People were still hiding indoors when the dragon opened its huge wings and soared away as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Have you always had problems with her?" Castiel asked and dean shrugged in reply.

"Now and again. She never hurt any people, she only ate a few cows and sheep here and there. It's just a pretty scary sight for the people to see you know? A huge fire breathing dragon flying around doesn't exactly do well for the tourists."

When the two princes finally came down from the rooftop, the people of the city finally came out of their houses and protection and began clapping them, cheering and smiling as they finally felt safe due to the two young men "sorting out" the dragon.

They didn't mention the fact that the dragon was actually Castiel's adoptive sister, but they didn't exactly need to mention that little fact.

The news travelled fast towards the castle and before Dean and Castiel could even get back there, john was already out of the gates to meet them, a serious look upon his face.