Chapter Thirteen - The Other Alpha

Castiel of course didn't do anything with Adam, they never had done. But that day alone made them both realise how much they wanted to be with each other. Adam was sad that Castiel didn't belong to him, and wanted to do everything in his power to change that, but Castiel just shot him down.

Castiel left Adam the day after, around midday which was way past the deadline of omega day. Adam was upset and angry that Castiel had to go back but they exchanged one long hug before Castiel turned on his heel and began walking away, completely forgetting about the scent of another alpha that he was taking back to the castle with him.

***

"He should be back by now." Dean paced his study while John frowned and began ordering his men to look for Castiel. Both alphas were worried about what had happened to the young prince, out in the woods and all alone.

"Sire, his highness has just walked through the front gates." A guard came in and informed them that Castiel was back. Both alphas visibly relaxed after this information.

"It's about time." Dean murmured, he wouldn't admit it but he was going out of his mind with worry.

John sighed and stood up.

"I'll be on my way then, boy. I have matters I have to deal with." After that, john left the room leaving Dean standing there, pacing still as he waited for Castiel to enter. And enter he did, bringing the scent that made deans eyes burn slightly out of rage.

"What's that smell." Dean asks, sniffing the air as Castiel walked in, without even a hello.

"What smell?" Castiel asked, mentally slapping himself.

"It's another alpha." Dean looked at cas in annoyance, taking a step forwards.

"Probably one of my brothers. I hung out with Lucifer a lot." Castiel shrugged, playing it off rather coolly.

"I'm pretty sure lucifer didn't smell like that."

"What are you suggesting?" Castiel snapped and Dean narrowed his eyes before sighing and giving up. It probably was Lucifer that he smelt, it's not as if he had really gotten acquainted with the second oldest Novak so he didn't really know what he smelt like.

"Fine." Dean says, relaxing slightly. "I've been worried about you."

Castiel looked rather shocked and stared at dean with a flash of guilt spreading across his face.

"Worried about me? Why?"

"Well... your my omega." Dean said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "If anything had happened to you and I wasn't there to protect you... I would have blamed myself."

Castiel took this in, letting it sink into his brain before he smiled slightly.

"Thank you for worrying, dean." He says softly. "I'm okay. I promise." Dean nodded his head in response and smiled slightly, dropping the subject altogether. He believed Castiel.

***

It was a few weeks after the day of the omega and the kingdom was peaceful. Everything was back to normal and Castiel was once again miserable as he stared out the window, an old book in his lap at the rain pouring down outside. He sighed and rubbed his eyes, the cold weather of Lawrence making him drowsy.

It was right then that he smelled that oh so familiar scent and his head quickly flipped around to find Adam standing there. His eyes went wide and he jumped up, mouth open in shock,

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Castiel hissed, looking towards the door that dean could pop out of any minute.

"I got a job here." Adam grinned lightly, shrugging. "Besides, you shouldn't complain. We get to see more of each other now."