Gang Sweet Gang

I was so glad, that I had told him everything. He wasn't annoyed, well he was, but he didn't treat me badly at all.

After a few minutes of us standing there, hugging, he let go and called Trent about Liz being the leak, and he said that she would be dealt with accordingly.

I was standing there in the back room, with Alex in my arms, waiting for Ryder to come back from his phone call.

What was going to happen now?

Ryder walked through the door, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Cass, you need to come back, with me, you and Alex." I didn't fight it, I knew that there would be no point, he would win anyway and at least this way, I wouldn't be on his bad side.

I nodded and looked down at my son.

I needed to say goodbye to my new family, I pulled off my apron and walked out to speak to them, they were serving customers and aunt Lucy was in the kitchen, I gathered the gals and we went into the backroom.

"Hey guys, I love you all so much and there isn't a way I can pay you back for the last 8 or 9 months, I am sorry but I am leaving." They looked at me with their faces full of worry.

"What Jess, you can't leave, where will you go." Aunt Lucy piped up.

I looked down to my lap. "Well, I appreciate all you have done for me and I am so sorry, but I lied to you, my name isn't Jessica Roberts, it is Cassidy Roberts." Tears began to well up in my eyes and everyone else's eyes.

"Oh, Jess, I mean Cassidy, that doesn't matter, we still love you, why do you have to leave and why didn't you tell us your real name."

"I am sorry, I didn't tell you my name because I was running away from my past, a lot of bad things happened to me." I muttered.

"Tell us." Tracie butted in.

"Well, it started when I was eight years old. My real mother sold me to a gang, after 12 years of torture and abuse, I managed to escape, but I ran into another gang, they were nicer, they didn't hurt me at all, but I fell for the gang leader, and ended up falling pregnant and another person found out and didn't want the father of Alex to know so, she threatened me to leave."

They both looked at me gobsmacked.

"Well now, the father knows everything, he wants to be a part of the baby's life, when I ran away from him and came here to California, I was running from another part of America. Now I have to go back with Alex."

They looked at me, like I just ate the last of the blue berry muffins. Again.

I looked down, "I am sorry." Was all I could say.

"Don't worry Cassidy, we understand, I mean we are disappointed that you didn't tell us the truth in the first place, but you was protecting the life of you and that of Alex."

"Thank you." I responded.

"It's okay, you can go, be safe and you are always welcome back here anytime." Aunt Lucy said, while getting up and pulling me into a hug, me, Lucy and the twins stood there hugging for a minute or two.

Tears spilled down my face, as I looked at them and smiled. I walked out of the room, leaving my better life behind and walking back to my old one. I walked outside to see, Ryder standing there playing with Alex, I couldn't help but feel my heart flutter.

I walked over to them and, led Ryder to where I was living, I unlocked the door and packed up my things.

I walked down the stairs and got in the large black car, with Trent, Ryder and our son, Alex.

I took once last glance at Aunt Lucy and the twins, I waved them goodbye and we drove off.