Busted

It has now been 6 weeks since I gave birth, life was good.

Tracie and Macy loved being aunts. As Lucy loved being a grandmother.

On the birth certificate, I gave Alex, the same last name as his father, Alex Jacobson. I loved the name.

I started working at the diner after 3 weeks of him being born, he usually slept in his crib in the back room of the diner while I worked, and I was allowed to take breaks to be with him, whenever I wanted.

Today seemed to be pretty slow.

I walked out of the back room after getting my little Alex to sleep and I walked over to the table, whilst looking down at my pad, I said to the guys, "Hey gents, what can I get you."

"Well, well, well. Cassidy Jones." As soon as I heard that voice, I froze, I looked up and noticed, it was, Ryder.

How did he find me?

The next thing I know, I am being pushed by Ryder into the back room, he pushed me against the wall and pulled a knife up to my neck.

"Well, Cass, you really thought you could hide from me forever."

"Well, I thought I would try." I responded, but that only made him squeeze tighter. I pray that he will not notice Alex in the corner.

"Why'd you run Cassidy. Was the guilt of killing my brother too much for you." I looked deep into his eyes, I pushed him away but that didn't work.

"You think that I would do that, I loved Alex as if he was my own brother, you think that I was the leak." I looked at him.

"Of course I do, if you aren't why did you run." Before I could answer, Alex woke up and began to cry. This startled Ryder.

I walked over to the crib, lifting Alex and hugging him close to my chest, while Ryder stood their staring at me in disbelief.

"He is yours."

Ryder didn't say a word, he just stood there and didn't take his eyes off Alex.

I walked over to him.

"You want to hold, your son." Again he didn't say anything, he just nodded and I handed our son, to his father.

He looked down at Alex and finally spoke. "What is his name?" I looked at my son and back at Ryder.

"His name is Alex Jacobson." Ryder smiled. And kissed Alex on his head.

"Why didn't you tell me."

"I found out on the day of the funeral, but I couldn't, it wasn't fair on you, then two days later I went to tell you, but I got stopped."

"How?"

"Elizabeth, she is the leak, she pointed a gun at me and said if I didn't leave, she said she would kill you and my baby."

He looked so mad.

"I am sorry Ryder."

He let one arm go from Alex and pulled me into a hug.

This felt good.