42

Santana POV

Two Weeks Later

Swallowing, I blink dazedly as my heart pummels in my chest and my knees wobble nervously. My eyes have been locked on the same spot on the wall of Brittany's bedroom for about an hour now and I haven't felt the need to move them once. I slowly run my fingers over the material of my jeans whilst occasionally biting my lip and pinching the inside of my thigh to see if this is a dream, to just wake up and be wrapped up in Brittany's arms. Pinch—nothing happens.

"San!" Comes as Olivia bursts through the bedroom door with a worried look on her face and I peel my eyes off the wall to glance at Olivia for a second before returning my gaze to the wall, the spot where I ripped Megan Fox off the wall. Olivia pants and stares at me before walking over to me and kneeling down in front of my face to try and make me look at her but I don't. "Santana, hey" She whispers whilst covering my hands with hers and squeezing them lightly.

Blinking slowly, I flicker down to Olivia's eyes before inhaling deeply and dropping my shoulders. She licks her lips before glancing at the white paper bag sat next to me. Olivia clears her throat lightly and I know she knows what's in there because she looks up at me again but this time with more care than worry. "Santana—"

"I haven't opened it" I croak, my voice sounding incredibly hoarse from not talking for hours. Olivia searches my eyes as I slump and try to swallow down the nervous lump forming in my throat. She opens her mouth to go and say something but interrupt her again. "I haven't even looked at it" I say with no emotion in my voice because I don't know how to feel right now, I don't know how to feel about all of this. Olivia nods slowly, occasionally flickering from the white crumpled paper bag to me and exhale deeply.

"W-why did you call me?" She asks already knowing the answer but clearly wanting to hear something from me to make sure I'm okay. With pursed lips, I turn my palms so they're facing upwards and my hands slip into Olivia's making her look down at them and back up at me with a small smile.

"I don't want to do this alone" I whisper, blinking quickly to hold the tears at bay at how vulnerable I sound right now.

"You're not alone, you have me" She retorts strongly before pulling me into a tight but soft hug causing me to let out a sigh of relief and slightly crumble into her embrace. It's weird how a hug can just make you feel so much better when you feel like complete and utter shit. We stay in an embrace for a solid three minutes because I need it and Olivia knows I do, a part of me thinks that she needs it too and that makes me feel better. Olivia slowly pulls away and looks at me with this look as to say 'you know what you need to do' and I sigh before slowly looking down at the paper bag next to me.

"I'm scared" I murmur as I touch the edge of the paper, slowly opening it up to reveal the pink box inside. I can see it and I know what's inside and what it is for, I'm just not sure if I'm ready for it. Olivia rubs my arm soothingly as an encouragement and I flex my fingers.

"I'm here Santana. Don't worry"

Slowly, I pull the box out so it's sitting in my hands and look down, a pregnancy test. It feels so heavy in my hands and I don't like it, it's meant to feel light right? The white stick in my hand makes my breath hitch and I look at the shape of it and how there's a little screen that tells me whether I'm pregnant or not. One test that's all I need then I'll get the results, I'll know if I'm pregnant with Brittany's baby. Olivia squeezing my hand makes me look up at her and she smiles. "Do you want me to come in the toilet with you?" She asks and I sigh with the shake of my head.

"It's okay. I'm going to get it over with" I assert by standing up and dropping Olivia's hand as I head to the bathroom and lock the door. I quickly yank down my jeans along with my panties before plonking down on the toilet, holding the test between my fingers. My foot shakes against the floor as I stare at the stick, all I need to do is piss on it that's all I need to then I can find out if everything changes—but why can't I do it? No seriously no piss will come out of me. Frowning, I clench and growl when not even one drop lands on the test between my thighs.