17

Santana's POV

I'm not sure if somebody shat in my mami's cornflakes or something but what is her problem? I honestly can't believe what she said to Brittany, which was so out of order. Not that I have ever asked a solider, but I know that you never ever as them about killing people. It's just a rule and politeness. To say I was mad was an understatement.

I sigh as I watch Brittany walk out of the house, shutting the door behind her so gently like she doesn't want to make a noise. I frown and stalk back into the living room where my parents are arguing in a hushed voice.

"I hope your happy" I growl towards my mami and fold my arms over my chest. My mami looks turns to me and raises her eyebrows.

"Don't talk to me like that Santana!" She scolds and I shake my head with a scoff.

"What? Like the way you just talked to Brittany" I retort and she sends me a glare, one that looks very similar to my own. Huh, that's where I get it from.

"May I remind you that Brittany beat up your boyfriend Santana?" She argues and I purse my lips, trying hard not to laugh at the statement that just came out of my mother's mouth. My ex-girlfriend just beat up my boyfriend. It's actually quite amusing actually.

"Maria, I think you'll find the fight was on both of their parts" Papi steps in, and I kind of get the feeling that he's sticking up for Brittany which makes me smile. I can tell he doesn't really like Puck, whenever he comes over here Papi pretends to be busy with work or something like that when he really isn't. Mami, on the other hand loves him. Honestly, I don't see why, his personality is shit! All he talks about is the game, the bar or about me, and not in the way that I would like to be talked about. You know in high school when the jock takes a picture of their girlfriend AKA Fuck for the night and shows it to their buddies, He does that and he is like 23. That's why I don't really sleep with him anymore, but that's a different subject and way too much whininess on his part.

"I do not care dear, Brittany isn't a part of this family. Noah is" Mami points out, her lips pursed and her arms folded over her chest.

"It's not like he's my husband for god sake!" I yell and look at my mother. I don't see myself marrying puck, like I don't think he would commit everything for me and I wouldn't do the same for him. I'm pretty sure he loves his bar more than he loves me, if he loves me at all.

"Santana enough!" My Papi says sternly and I shake my head with a bitter breathless laugh.

"Are you serious right now? I know Mami doesn't give a rat's ass about Brittany, but I thought you do?" I remark angrily and cluck my tongue when I see his head bow a little, probably ashamed because I see how he and Brittany interact.

"Watch your mouth Santana!" My mami scolds me and I rub my face, they're testing my patients and I'm getting really angry.

"I just can't believe you both!" I shoot and my mami rolls her eyes slightly whilst my papi lets out a long sigh and rubs his temples. "I'm going to bed" I mumble, about to turn around until my mami speaks.

"Noah is your boyfriend Mija, don't you think you should be spending time with him? Caring for him and his jaw? Which your precious Brittany done by the way!" My mami spits and I snort a little. Something in the way she said my precious Brittany sounded a little weird. I just don't understand why it's all about Puck with my mother. Taking care of him? He got himself into the mess he can look after himself.

"Like I said. I'm going to bed" I repeat but with a little more venom in my tone, turning around and leaving my parents be. I don't feel guilty for talking to them like that, they should be the ones feeling guilty. Mami for saying those things to Brittany for no apparent reason and Papi for not sticking up for her or me. Walking into my room, I slam my door shut and let out a long sigh, resting my head against the closed door. Why was I so protective over Brittany? It's natural right? I mean if your parent said anything to your 'friend' that crossed the line you would step in right?