39

Santana's POV

Humming, I look over myself as I smooth my hands over my hot red dress, loving the way it shows off my curves. I decided to go for the curly hair look and mellow make up, I'm not out to impress anyone, I'm out to have fun. Puckering my lips, I quickly apply my lipstick, my eyes focused on my put until they drift over to a picture on Brittany's bed side table. A smile tugs at my lips at a picture of Brittany in her uniform standing next to her father with big smiles on their faces. This must have been taken when Brittany completed basic training as they both look quite young, Brittany's face isn't littered with tiny scars here and there. I let out and sigh and glance out the window into the darkening sky, praying that Brittany is okay out there.

"Love you Britt" I mumble to myself, kissing two of my fingers and tapping the picture before walking downstairs and into the living room where James stands up and smiles at me.

"Santana" He hums with a fatherly smile "You look lovely" He adds and I chuckle at him with a smile, grabbing Brittany's leather jacket and draping it over my shoulders for a second as I put my phone in my little clutch.

"Thank you James"

I slip Britt's jacket on me and smile unconsciously, inhaling deeply and sighing at the smell, the smell of Brittany. James notices and sends me a small smile before walking over to me as he pulls out his wallet making me frown. He takes out 50 dollars and goes to give it to me but I shake my head. "James I don't—" I begin to say but get cut off by his hand putting the money in mine and closing my fingers over it.

"Take it Santana, my treat. Have a drink on me—and Brittany" He breathes and I sigh but nod, putting the money in my clutch and giving the old guy a big hug. It's a simple gesture but it means a lot, especially to him. I hear James hum happily and I pull away to see him smiling, always a nice sight. Over these past few days James and I have got closer and it's nice to be close to him, I now know why Britt and my papi have such a close bond.

"Thanks James, I won't be home too late and if anything happens I'll call you" I inform him softly and pet Charlie at the same time. He nods and walks back over to the couch.

"Remember, if you need a lift or anything just call" He repeats and I smile at him, bending down and placing a kiss to Charlie's muzzle before waving goodbye and walking out into the brisk air. It's the middle of July so it should be warm, it's fucking summer but the Goosebumps on my legs tell a different story. My phone buzzes in my bag and I take it out with a breath, looking at the message.

19:43- From Olivia: Hey San! I'm in the taxi and it's coming your way. I should be there in about 5 minutes, see you soon x

I lean against a wall but carefully as I don't want to mess up my dress. My arms come up to wrap around my body, trying to shield me from the cold air but it doesn't really work. I mentally praise Jesus when the yellow cab pulls up in front of me and I waste no time in jumping in the back seat. Olivia grins at me and i can't help but check out her outfit. She's wearing a black dress that shows enough cleavage and stops mid-thigh so she doesn't look slutty. Before I know it Olivia's arms are pulling me into an awkward hug across the seats of the taxi.

"Mm San! You look banging" She exclaims, pulling away and looking at me with her mouth agape. I roll my eyes playfully and laugh, pointing at her outfit and raising my eyebrows.

"And you! Nobody looks better in a dress than me, besides you" I compliment and she puts her hand on her chest and nods with her eyes closed making me laugh. The Indian taxi driver in front grumbles to himself as he drives us to the club, hopefully one of many. Olivia giddily chucks a 20 at him before jumping out of the cab and clapping her hands. Laughing, I come up next to her and get dragged to the front doors where the bouncer runs his eyes over us before nodding and moving aside.