"I'll leave you alone with her." Elijah stated and got out of the room.

Everything I did to calm her didn't work

Everything I did to calm her didn't work. I looked to the other side of the room where a self full of toys was. I went for an adorable little fabric doll, but when I took it from the self, a small white envelop fell from behind it. Curious, I left the doll aside and took the envelope in my free hand. There was a single word written in the front part of the envelope.

Hayley

More curious than ever I opened it up quickly and read what the letter had to say. When I finished the letter, my eyes were wide from the shock.

Oh my God...

In the mean time...

Klaus's P.O.V.

I ran out of the compound into the busy streets of New Orleans. I needed to find Cassandra. She was the only one that held the answers I needed. She was here, I could sense it. So I thought to begin my search from the last place I had seen her. The church. Maybe I could find her sent from there and follow her to wherever she had gone to.

The church was quiet when I entered. There was no one there. Yet, Cassandra's smell was so strong, as if she had never left. I went outside to try to find where she had gone, but the smell stopped at the bottom of the stairs. That was strange. I returned back to the church, but I didn't hear anyone. I made my way towards the altar, looking around for any trace of Cassandra. She couldn't have disappeared like that. I reached the bottom of the altar, thinking the events of the previous evening, that I almost didn't notice the delicate figure, lying on the floor. The red of fire caught my eye and I turned horrified only to face the young girl I was looking for, lying on the floor, her eyes staring blankly in the distance.

"No, no, no..." I murmured rushing to her side and taking her in my arms.

She was still warm, but her hands where frozen. I held her tightly on my chest, unable to believe what happened. She was gone. She was gone... How could this be possible? Only when I noticed the large scar above her left breast I realized. I held her even more tightly, burying my face in her hair, tears coming out of my eyes.

"Why? Why did you have to do that?" I murmured, but I got no answer.

Only a silence that would haunt me forever.

Elijah's P.O.V.

I was pacing back and forth waiting for my brother's return. I tried not to think about Cassandra, because there was a great possibility that my emotions for her would be back and I couldn't have that. She needed to be free and she needed to be away from me. Hayley was upstairs with her daughter. It was awful what this child had to endure since she was still an infant. And we were all to blame. We never considered the consequences of our actions would have in her life, only our personal desires at the moment. I felt guilty.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing, interrupting my thoughts. I picked it up. "Niklaus, did you find her?" I asked, but it took him a while to reply.

"Yes." Short answer. That was never good, especially coming from Niklaus.

"Niklaus, what's wrong?" I demanded, feeling my emotions come to the surface. Something was wrong. I could sense it.

"I'll bring her to the compound." He said and hung up. I remained still, looking at my phone.

I had a really bad feeling about this...

Author's Note: An update as promised. It's a small chapter, I know. I also know that you probably want to murder Hayley and Elijah right now. God, I made them seem really awful in this story..... Anyway, more to come in the next chapter. Love you all!!!!!!