Chapter Five

--------------------------

Jennifer Mayor (Jason's sister)

------->>>>

Dedication:  Skittles208 for voting so much, I really appreciate it. :)

Thank you! <3

--------------------------

My eyelids felt heavy but I managed to slowly get them open. I wasn't in my home. Nor Mel's. I sat bolt straight, causing myself to get a sudden head rush and my body throb painfully. With a wince, I raised my hand to my pounding forehead, feeling it pulsate underneath my fingers tips.

My tongue felt swollen and my throat was burning. Slowly, my vision stopped swimming and I scanned my surroundings. My heart beat seemed to increase the more I didn't recognise where I was. Panic spiked through my body, giving me the eery sensation that my stomach was doing a dip.

Where was I?

Had I been drugged or something? 

Numerous thoughts spun around in my head like a whirlwind. I ran my fingers through my hair, completely stressing out.

What should I do!? 

I slowly crept out of the bed and leaned heavily on the wall. I used it to hold me up as I moved towards the door. I peeped out. I must say, the house was quite nice. I could hear someone in the kitchen below, banging pots and a sizzling sound could be heard.

Tip-toeing down the stairs. I grabbed a really heavy book - first weapon like thing I saw - and held it over my head in true warrior style. I continued lurking around the corners and quickly burst into the kitchen. 

I felt the need to make some warrior sounds like; "ARRGHHHH," for dramatic effect, but ended up thinking better of it.

"Morning sleeping beauty," a woman I didn't recognise said. She had her back to me, cooking eggs. oblivious to me and the book. "Want some bacon and eggs?" 

She spun around and looked at me, a warm smile evident on her face. Her mouth soon fell open as shock began to flood her features. We stared at each other awkwardly for a few moments before  her lips parted as she stared at me in amusement. Embarrassment washed through my body and I flushed bright red.

"Ah..." I said awkwardly, realising I looked like a complete idiot waving this heavy book above my head. "Sorry?"

"What are you doing with my encyclopedia?" she asked, quirking an eyebrow at me. The corners of her mouth were tugging as she suppressed a smile.

I placed it down gently, my face growing more and more warm by the second. I chose to not answer the question, to save myself more embarrassment and ask a question of my own. "I'm sorry, but who are you?" 

"Jennifer Mayor." She smiled warmly, the shock and amusement soon fading from her face as she turned to normal again. "Jason's sister." 

"Oh!" I said, feeling really, really stupid. "Hi, I'm Emma. I'm really sorry I came at you with your book... inside your own home." 

"Perfectly alright," she laughed, the corners of her mouth twitching. "Here, take a seat. Eggs?" 

"Oh, no thank you. I don't like eggs, sorry." I said uncomfortably. Was I saying sorry to much? Was I rambling? Urgghh.