Chapter Thirty Eight

--------------------------------------

Dedication: Shivernights for the awesome banner on the side, thank you very much for it.

-----------------------------------------

Knock, knock, knock.

"Go away."

Knock, knock, knock.

"Don't make me tell you again."

 "Just answer the door, speak with me and then I will go away." I rationalised, planting my hands on my hips. It went silent for a few moments, before the door swung open slowly and Luke stood there, glaring at me. His messy blond hair was standing up at odd angles and he had slight bags under his eyes. His upper lip was curled back slightly, clearly showing he was displeased with me. I smiled sweetly at him and battered my eyelashes.

"May I come in?"

"No." he replied shortly, shutting the door in my face. I groaned, banging my fists on it. I began pushing, at the same time he wrenched the door open. I toppled forwards and face planted onto the carpet. I rolled onto my back and gazed up at him, grinning.

"What do you want?" he sighed, running a lazy hand through his hair. He tapped his barefoot  impatiently. I slowly clambered up and met his eye. I took in his features. He looked like crap. Period. He obviously didn't a great sleep last night. Good. He deserved it.

"I would like you to tell me what's going on in that big head of yours." I shrugged, plopping down onto his bed. I patted beside me and smiled up at him. "Come on down."

He frowned at me. "I just want to sleep."

"You can," I pleaded in exasperation. "Just hear me out first. Sit."

He sighed deeply through his nose, but obeyed, thankfully. The bed dipped beside me and a I half-turned, so I was facing him. I met his gaze steadily, wanting to study his reaction to my question.

"Who did you mean when you referred to 'She told me to'?" 

"I'm not supposed to tell you." he admitted, rubbing a hand on the back of his neck. "It's top secret, Emma."

"I'm your sister. You can tell me anything. For Heaven's Sake, you told me you..." I dropped my voice to a mere whisper. "Killed somebody."

"And look how great that turned out." he deadpanned.

"Luke," I warned, my eyes narrowing. "Spit it out."

"No." he replied stubbornly, jutting out his chin like a child. I groaned in frustration and shoved his chest. His fingers enclosed over my wrists and he stared at me coolly.

"Don't."

"Tell me."

"No." he bit out, his grip tightening.

"Why?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. "Are you getting angry, Luke?"

"Don't." he growled. "Don't make me hurt you."

"Would you?" I challenged. "Would you actually hurt me?"

Suddenly I was shoved forcefully back. His elbow was pinning me down. His face was only inches from mine, his eyes flashing with anger. We stayed like that for a few moments. I swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous. Luke was so unpredictable.