Chapter Four

----------------------------

Photo of Emma Ross to your right. -------->>>

-------------------------------

I stared out at the drizzling rain. It was overcast and grey, making the whole world seem black and white. Even though it was sprinkling, it wasn't cold. Mel had texted me that we were in need of a hang session.

As I had been doing absolutely nothing, I straight away jumped in the shower and shampooed my hair, making it smell nice. I changed into a white singlet and just my black jeans. I sprayed myself with some perfume and sang out to to Dad where I was going.

I grabbed my umbrella, threw on some flats and walked down the path. She didn't live to far away, around a five minute walk. Depending on the pace, anyway.

Her house was lovely. It was a pearly white, huuuuge place. Maybe even classified a mansion. I spent a lot of time here. It was like my second home. I didn't even knock anymore, well, I hadn't for years. I just walked in, placing the umbrella down and throwing off my shoes.

"Hello, Emma." Her Mum, Lindsay, smiled, perched on her lounge, wrapped in a ball. She had a steaming cup in her hands and watching some romance show. I grinned in greeting.

Over the years, she had practically been my mum. If I ever had 'lady problems', (my Dad called it that), I'd always go to her. Since my own mother had passed away, she was all I had. It was hard for a girl to live with just two guys and have no girl advice ever, so it was good to have them so close. 

The days that dad used to do my hair still haunt me to this day. How embarrassing. I actually went out in civilisation looking like someone had hacked at my hair while drunk and possibly blind folded. I shook my head at the memory.

Good times...

"Hi."

I made my way up the spiraling staircase, letting the lush carpet tickle my feet. I sighed, yet again wishing this was my own home. I loved mine, don't get me wrong, but Mel's place really was breath taking.

I strode into her room to find her upside down on her bed, reading a magazine and blowing a massive bubble of gum.  Music blared loudly from her ipod dock. Her gum popped loudly, echoing around her room. I rolled my eyes. This was just all too familiar.

"What's up?" I said, grabbing another magazine and collapsing beside her. I flicked through it, my eyes skimming over the pages.

"Oh, you smell good." She answered. "Sex and the city perfume?"

"Uh huh." I placed my hand out flat and she slapped some gum into my hand. "Thank you muchly."

She rolled her eyes. "You coming to Jayden's party tonight?"

"Pfft," I replied, flicking lazily through the teen magazine, vaguely seeing what was in there. "Like I would."

"Please come," she asked, a pleading tone in her voice. "I have a killer dress for you."