Chapter Forty

---------------------------------------

Dedication: Purple13 for the awesome cover on the side. Thank you so much for making it. I really appreciate it! :)

Okay so, I keep getting messages that almost pretty much have the same questions in them each time. So, I thought I'd answer them on here as well as messaging those who asked. I'm fifteen years old and I live in Australia. They are the most commonly asked questions. Also, even though my character 'Emma Ross' and I share similar interests such as; Prison Break, Nutella, etc etc, this is entirely fiction. Her life and mine are completely different. Also, I didn't even realise all my characters were blonde until someone pointed it out. :P I didn't actually intend on that. Most of my main characters will always be brunette, so this one is different. Okay, so I hope this helped clear up a few questions. I don't mind you asking me anything, it's just some people probably want to know and can't be bothered actually messaging me, so there you go. 

ALSO: You should definitely check out the BTFM story trailer if you haven't already. (Can be viewed to you right or if unavailable, it can be found on Youtube under ' The Best Thing For Me Wattpad ' ). A big thank you yet again to Milly23 for making it for me. You're awesome. <3

------------------------------

"Ouch!" I hissed, narrowing my eyes at Mel, which reflected back to her from the mirror. She gave me a sheepish grin and removed the curling wand from proximity of my face. This was the second time she had burnt me in the last ten minutes.

"Sorry dude," she said dismissively. 

Currently, we were getting ready to attend a party. I was unsure of who was throwing it, but hey. No one really cares about that. All I knew was the place was located roughly twenty minutes away, slightly out of town. Mel knew the way. Apparently this person threw parties regularly. Of course I hadn't been aware of this. 

"Ta da!" She cheered in a sing-song voice, switching the curling iron off. She did a little booty shake. "You look hawt."

I stood up and nodded at her. "Why thank you."

I walked over to her full length mirror and did a pivot. I was in one of Mel's sleek, tight, black dresses. It was a bit more raunchier than any dresses that I owned. It stopped about mid-thigh and hugged my curves almost too well. It was backless, with a thick strap resting under the edge of my shoulder blades. Mel had experimented with my hair and we had decided on braiding it around to the side and curling it. I must say I did like the style. It suited the dress well.

"Are you sure it doesn't look too fancy?" I asked, suddenly insecure. I didn't want to look like an idiot who was over-dressed. She rolled her eyes at me and planted her hands on her hips.

"Enough of that. You look gorgeous. Quit whining."

Mel herself had a light grey dress on, which was dangerously short and revealing. The way she wore it though, it actually didn't seem that bad. It looked really nice on her. She pulled it off well. Well, of course she did. She could easily be a model.

A soft knock could be heard and we both looked over our shoulders. My eyes widened as I took in my hunk of sexy. (Well, I'd most commonly call him Jason). A slow smile stretched across my face. I made my way over to him and pressed my lips against his.