Chapter Ten

-------------------------------

Dedication: NNM123 for being so supportive. Honestly, you're so awesome. Thanks for voting, commenting and sending me such inspiring personal messages. :)

Thanks again. <3

--------------------------------

My legs were tucked under me as I was curled up on the lounge. As the rain poured harder, I turned the volume up of the T.V. I dug my hand in my bowl of popcorn and munched happily. I thought I heard a knock, but I couldn't be sure of it. I heard it again. 

I got up, stretched and padded towards the door. It was locked, so I just assumed it was Mel. I swung it open and made some pedo face, expecting it to be her. I sucked my lips back and stuck my teeth out. I tucked my chin in pulling out one of the ugliest faces I could think of. I knew she'd be doing the same.

I gasped in shock.

It wasn't Mel. 

It was Jason. 

I stopped my face thing very quickly. My face flushed in embarrassment. God, what was I thinking? My mental rambling soom faded as I took in his appearance. He was rain soaked and bloody. He had a black eye and a swollen cheek. Blood ran down his chin and his shirt was stained. I gasped at the sigh of him and gulped.

"Crap." Was all that came out of my mouth. I opened the door wider and he took a step in. We stood there for a few moments, neither knowing what to do. 

"Uh... are you alright?" I managed to ask, surveying him once more, biting my lip. What a stupid question, of course he wasn't alright!

"No. Not really." he deadpanned.

I didn't know what else to say.  

"Want a shower? I'll pop your jeans in the dryer, and I'm sure I can find one of Luke's shirts to fit you." 

"That'd be nice." 

I grabbed his hand and he flinched. He didn't let go though. I shut the door and pulled him towards the shower. He pulled of his shirt. 

Oh my. 

No, Emma, don't be a creep. 

"Er- One or two towels?" I asked, trying to keep my eyes from his perfection.

"Just one." 

I went and retrieved one, (grabbing one of the best ones I could see, I didn't want him to think I was shabby) and handed it to him. I was trying my hardest to not let my eyes walk over his delicious body, but it was difficult.

"Jeans please." 

He passed them out from behind the door.

"Er- Do you want me to, um, how do I say this?" I fumbled nervously, staring at my feet to avoid his eyes. "Um, with your underwear, or boxers or whatever you wear, do you need those dried? I don't mind, I have to wash Luke's all the time. That probably sounds weird, what I mean is that I do the washing all the time and I live with two boys. If you feel uncomfortable, that's fine. I'd offer a pair of Luke's, but that'd also be weird..." 

He poked his head out, laughing in amusement. I could still see the pain in his eyes, but at least he was laughing.

"You're a funny one."