Chapter Fifty Five

---------------------------------------------

Dedicaton: Iluvpandas123 for the awesome cover on the side. Thanks a bunch, it's awesome. :)

----------------------------------------------

"Annika?"

"No."

"Alyssa?"

"No."

"Bella?"

"No."

"Caroline?"

"No."

"Karina?"

"No."

"Madeline?"

"No."

"Lynette?"

"No."

"Summer?"

"No."

"Peyton?"

"No."

"Regina?"

"No."

"Stacy?"

"No."

"Veronica?"

"No."

"Ugh, this is hopeless." I groaned, flopping backwards onto Mel's bed and staring up at the ceiling, a frown evident on my face. I furrowed my eyebrows together and let out a heavy sigh. They were only a couple of options I'd voiced. We'd been at it for about two hours now and it seems the only answer Mel is accustomed to is 'no'. I was a pretty patient person, or so I like to think, but I was wearing thin.

"No, your suggestions are hopeless."

"Well, you look then!" I cried out in exasperation, resisting the urge to thump my head on her bed frame.

Mel and I were trying to come up with a name for her baby. So far, it was proving to be quite difficult if that wasn't clear. Luke had come in and suggested some names he thought were 'nice' and 'appropriate'. Mel had been disgusted with his choices and threw a book at him, which clipped the back of his head. He was not impressed and had retreated immediately. The look on his face was priceless though, I must add.

"Fine." she snapped moodily, wrenching her phone from my hands and peering into the screen. I rolled my eyes. She was so moody now that she was pregnant. She nibbled on her lip as she flicked through page after page.

"I'm going to get a drink." I announced, springing to my feet and padding towards the kitchen. I reached in and grabbed out a lemon, lime and bitters. I popped the cap and took a few gulps, concluding with me saying, "Ahh."

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

My eyebrows shot up at the sound. I drank a bit more before screwing the lid back on. I walked out the front door and skipped down the steps. I heard the sounds again and followed, in order to find the source. Luke's bare back met me as he swung his ax down, splitting wood. I cocked my head to the side as I watched him furiously belt down onto it. I spoke, but my voice was drowned out by the sound of the ax hitting the wood.

I whistled, effectively causing him to glance over his shoulder. "Oh, hey Em."

"How are you?" I asked curiously, coming closer to him.

He didn't look too good. Well, who would in this weather? It was boiling today. Sweat ran down his face, to his shoulders and down his stomach. He wiped his face on the back of his arm and pushed his wet hair from his face. He had slight bags under his eyes. He physically looked quite drained.