Chapter Six

--------------------------

Pizza Single.

--------->>>>

Dedication: xxxZoexxx for voting so much. You're a legend. :)

----------------------------

I stood on my tip-toes as I searched the hot box for any remaining Pizza Singles. I grumbled to myself, if only the person in front wasn't so tall. I peeked around him and spotted one. Yeaaah buddy. My mouth began watering at the sight of it. Yum yum.

I slightly overbalanced myself, bumping the rather tall person in front. My forehead connected with their back and I staggered sideways. I quickly righted myself, feeling my face begin to grow hot from my awkwardness.

"Oops, sorry!" I squeaked. 

"No worries," a familiar voice said.

He turned around. Straight away, his fierce blue eyes bored into mine and my mouth dropped slightly. His eyes were so intense. His blond hair flopped attractively onto his forehead, practically screaming at me to reach up and brush it back. I mentally shook myself. 

"Oh, hey Em." 

"Good thanks!" I automatically blurted.

Oh. My. God. 

Please, please tell me I did not just say that? 

My face flooded with heat as I tried to recover from my very embarrassing moment. He laughed at my expression. I ducked my head so that my hair fell over my face. This was my attempt to hide my glowing cheeks.

Just as I went to speak, he did at the same time. 

Oh, save me now. 

I slapped my forehead with my palm. Of course. Why me? Why did this stuff, always happen to me? 

"This isn't going well," he said, a playful grin on his face. He seemed completely at ease and so casual.

Why couldn't I be a bit more like that?

"Yeah, tell me about it." I muttered, trying to take deep breaths. My face was all hot and I probably looked like a sunburnt tomato.

He just shook his head. "You're quite cute when you're embarrassed." 

My mouth fell open. Rewind. Sexy, tall, surfer, 'It' boy said what? 

He turned around and ordered which was good, I could try and gain control of my face and emotions. 

Does he think I'm cute? 

Or did he mean like little sister cute? 

Was I reading too much into it? 

He turned around, winking as he walked away. My knees wobbled together. I leaned on the counter heavily. I exhaled deeply, shaking my head. Just a few words with this guy had be all frazzled. I was so annoying.

"Um, your order, miss?" the lady asked, frowning at me as I continued to get pulled deeper and deeper into my thoughts. 

"Oh, um, the Sizza Pingle please."  

Oh jeeze. What was with me!? 

"Excuse me?" the lady asked in utter confusion. 

"Er-" I fumbled, embarrassed. "The pizza single." 

She gave me a strange look as she turned, to retrieve it. I tried to behave normally, but my face betrayed me. I slowly walked up the corridor towards my seat. I couldn't help but notice some girls looking at me.

People been staring all morning. I'd already been to bathroom to check if I had something on my face or toilet paper stuck somewhere on me, or even a 'Kick Me' note on my back. I couldn't find anything though, which seemed to increase my worry. 

I kept going, choosing to ignore them. Even if I chose to ignore, didn't mean I didn't hear segments of their conversations. 

Yeah... she was the one in the killer dress. 

Isn't she best friends with Melanie Stewart? 

She got so smashed the other night. 

She looked really good. 

I heard she left with Jason Mayor. 

I stared wide-eyed. People were talking about me in a not completely terrible way? This day was just getting weirder and weirder. I located my group and sidled in. I grinned and said 'hey' to a few before digging into my pizza. Or should I call it my sizza? Har de har. I felt my phone go off in my pocket.

"Heeelllo?" I greeted.

"Hey Emz, how are ya?" 

"Alright. You?" 

"Not bad. I'm just at the supermarket and I was wondering what you want for dinner?" 

"Umm." I bit my lip, contemplating what I wanted in my head. Something easy for tonight, I think. "Spaghetti?" 

"Okay. Nice and easy then." 

"Oh! And don't forget to buy chocolate." 

"Of course not." he replied with a laugh.

"Okay, bye!"

"See you, honey." he replied.

I hung up, pocketed my phone and resumed with eating my pizza. I felt eyes on me and I looked up, raising an eyebrow.

"Who was that?" Anna, a girl with messy dirty blonde hair and heavy eye make-up asked. She played with her iPhone, not looking at me. I felt like saying something exotic like, 'Oh, just my boyfriend who's in America currently,' or, 'Just my ex-boyfriend. Won't stop calling me." 

But, what would be the point in that? 

"Just my Dad." I said lamely with a smile.  

The rest of the day breezed by, not seeming to get much weirder. I did get some glares from the 'It' girls. It made me quite worried so I ran out of school as fast as I could. I climbed my hill and banged open the door. 

"Yo yo, stud-muffin of the family is hooooome." I called out boldly. 

I heard my Dad snort. "Yeah right, love. Forgetting I'm in the family?" 

I rolled my eyes. "Keep dreaming, Dad." 

With my feet dragging, I made my way to my room. I deposited my bag and threw on some different clothes before entering the kitchen. I rummaged through the bags eagerly. My face fell as I couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.

Oh no... this couldn't be happening. 

"What?" Dad asked, coming over, sensing my horror. He peered over my shoulder and into the shopping bags. I slowly turned to face him.

I groaned, shaking my head. "You forgot the chocolate!"

-----------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hope anyone who's actually reading this has enjoyed it so far. Sorry for any mistakes made. Please keep reading and any comments/feedback would be great.

Thanks :)

-Lauren

FACEBOOK PAGE IN THE EXTERNAL LINK. ------------->>>>