Chapter Twenty Two

------------------------

I slowly shuffled from my bed, to the kitchen, to the bathroom and back to my bed again. 

This seemed to be my latest routine. 

I'd been out of hospital for a week now. I had a broken left arm, which was heavily wrapped in a fleuro pink cast, with numerous graffiti initials covering it. Two of my left fingers were broken and one of my ribs had cracked, but not broken, thankfully. 

Oh, and also I had had brain bruising which had resulted in me being concussed. I was taking a little while off school. I'd had this week off and until I could walk normally without doing my half shuffle-in-pain-thing, I'd return.

My memory had seemingly come back. As soon as I saw Charlie, I remembered him instantly. I'd forgotten about some drunken mistake at a party involving Jason and Britney, but I didn't really care anymore. It was the past. I was just happy to be alive. 

I'd received flowers and cards from people who'd never really spoken to me before. 

Isn't it strange, something bad has had to happen to me, before people actually spoke to me?  

Anyway, I'd been vegging out on nutella and watching Prison Break for the passed week. I was completely hooked on it. So all in all, life had been pretty sweet. 

Well, not that accident of course. 

Jason came over most afternoons, much to my Dad's displeasure. He still blamed him for the accident. Luke had really started spacing off. Like more than normal. I think it maybe was because I almost died the same way Mum did. It had messed him up pretty bad before, so why wouldn't it be the same again? 

Mel had been coming over more frequently too. She always came with gifts and delicious food. Also, cool cosmetics from her Mum. 

Charlie had been keeping me company though, when both Mel and Jason were at school. He seemed to like Prison Break too.  

"Hey!" Jason grinned, strolling into my room and planting a kiss on my lips. "How are you today?" 

"The same as I was yesterday." I admitted. "How about you?" 

"Good. I come bearing homework." 

I groaned. "Of course you did." 

He smirked at me. "Just English, so that's not bad." 

"True," I agreed, scooting over so he could snuggle under the blankets too. 

"Aren't you over Prison Break yet?" he laughed, pulling me closer to him.  

"How could you say that?" I asked in mock horror. "You just don't understand because you haven't seen it." 

"Sure," he rolled his eyes. 

I frowned, causing him to laugh and ruffle my hair.  

"Oh, Jenn gave me this too." he said, handing me a card. 

"She didn't have too." I smiled. 

His sister was so lovely. The card was beautiful. She had gorgeous, loopy writing the neatly scribbled across the page.

"Tell her I said thank you." 

"Will do." 

I smiled at him and he flicked my nose.