Chapter Fifty Nine

----------------------------------------

Dedication: PaigeEmm98 for the awesome banner on the side. Thank you very much, it's great. :)

-------------------------------------------

The entire night was a blur. Questions and questions had been thrown at me, twisting around my head. I could hardly even recall what I had said back. I still was trying to deal with the fact that someone literally died in my arms.

Not every day, one was put through that.

I ran a shaky hand through my hair, trying to let myself sleep. I was physically and emotionally drained. I let myself delve back into what happened earlier tonight.

SEVEN HOURS EARLIER

I lay there, motionless. Blood was pouring from my neck, down my chest and trickling into a pool on my lap, mingling with the blood Daniel's father was leaving.

"DAD - NO!" A broken voice screamed, making goose bumps erupt all over my skin. I felt sick in the stomach. At the sound of his voice, a shudder ran down my spine and I shivered. I felt cold and dead inside.

I didn't have to turn my head to know Daniel was the source of the sound. Footsteps ran over to me. Phone calls could be heard all around me, sirens, red and blue lights were filling my vision, but the sound of my roaring heart beat was beginning to drown out all other sounds. I blinked furiously, seeing a figure slumped in front of me, being dragged. I glanced up and saw Daniel, tears spilling openly down his face, as he took in what was left of his father. I don't think he even acknowledged my presence. I bit my lip, my eyes watering. Despite what they have done for both me and my family, I couldn't help feel utterly shattered at what they were going through. I knew exactly what it was like to lose a parent figure. (Although, coincidentally enough, she didn't really die, but I still went through the tragedy and misery of losing a love one).

A Coroner soon appeared and removed Daniel's father's body from me. I sat there, just watching.

"Sorry ma'am," he said, sliding the body from me. I glanced down, noticing the blood all over me. My mouth dried out and my stomach rumbled unpleasantly. I made a face and averted my eyes, not being able to stand the sight of it.

I looked over at the coroner, who was currently zipping his body up in a suit. After that, my head began to feel light, my vision started to get fuzzy and my body seemed to become sort of limp.

Unfortunately, I didn't go unconscious, but I seemed to become immobile. I remember officers speaking to me, asking me questions, nurses asking me to follow their instructions, but no words were sinking into my brain. It was like I could see them, see their mouths moving, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. It was definitely an odd experience, that's for sure.

I had just witnessed someone literally dying. Right in front of me. On me. My mouth was dry, my throat felt like it had closed up and my breath was coming out raspy. A nurse was on her knees in front of me, squeezing my shoulder, asking me what my name was. I couldn't respond. I just sat there, stupefied. I felt and probably looked a little like 'Dudley' from Harry Potter when he had been attacked by those Dementors. I knew my skin was drained of colour, causing my naturally tanned skin to become pasty and pale.

"Emma, you need to respond." she urged, shaking me slightly as if they would gain more of my attention. "Emma? Can you hear me?"

I blinked a couple of times, before slowly nodding. She sighed through her nose. She glanced over her shoulder at some paramedics who were fluttering beside one of the ambulances that had located themselves there. "Guys, we need to take her to hospital and stitch her up. Her wound is deep."