Chapter Twenty One

----------------------------

My eyes snapped open as my body jerked to the right. I screamed out in pain. My vision was swimming as I began blinking furiously.

"Sorry, sorry!" The voice kept saying over and over. I heard sob tear from my throat as pain erupted through my entire body.

The pain was indescribable. 

I felt my body be hauled upwards and a strangled groan escaped my lips. I felt his strong arms securely wrap around me as tears rolled down my face. Jason. I could tell it was him. He steadily walked me away, murmuring things to me, but I couldn't quite make out what he was saying.

My eyes rolled around eerily in my head as I struggled to keep my vision. I felt like some pet rock with those loopy eyes.

"Jase-" I tried to say, but my mouth seemed to not want to work. 

"Shh," he said, tears falling down his cheeks. 

Jason was crying!? 

I was slightly hysterical. My chest was rising and falling at a rapid speed, tears pouring down my face. My mouth was hot and sticky. I was hyperventilating slightly. I soon was out of breath and was struggling to maintain consciousness.

"I-I-" I tried to say, but I was way too worked up to form a proper sentence write now. It came out a bundle of stammers.

"Shh," He repeated softly, cradling me. He stroked my hair soothingly. "I've called for help. It'll be okay." 

"W-What about t-the other people?" I stammered slowly. I barely understood what I said. I hope he did. 

"What do you mean?" 

"The p-people we h-h-hit!" I slurred. 

"Oh." was all he said. 

"Go."  

"No." he said fiercely. "I'm not leaving you." 

"Jason. Go." I said, mustering up my remaining strength. 

He stared at me for a few moments, tears flowing down his face, landing on me, but I barely noticed it. He slowly moved me, I sucked in a breath of pain. Pain throbbed in my arm, my head felt like I'd been smacked with a hammer. 

"I'll be right back. Whatever you do, do not close your eyes." 

My eyelids were heavy. I tried to smile at him, but it didn't work. 

"Don't close your eyes," he repeated before limping away. 

Limping? 

He was injured. 

Well, I guess not many people would go un-injured if a car hit you that hard. My eyelids drooped without me even realising it.

I'll just shut my eyes for a few seconds...

--------------------------

It smelled weird. That was the first of the six senses to kick back in. Well, I had been hearing on and off for the passed... however long I've been like this. The smell was sort of familiar. But still weird. I felt the urge to wrinkle my nose.

I felt numb, but also, I felt a small amount of pain. 

My head and my arm. 

I still couldn't open my eyes. I'd been trying what felt like forever, but they seemed to just not obey my command. I seemed to hear what was going on, but I couldn't quite wake myself completely. It was like I was stuck in some... trance.