World War 3 Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"Oh, my God," Jackie breathed

"How solid are these?" Harriet voiced as she tapped the steel shutters

"Not solid enough," The Doctor told her "built for short range attack, nothing this big,"

"I could..." Tiaalen started

"You're not strong enough to withhold the impact,"

"Alright." Rose stated "Now I'm making the decision. I'm not gonna die, we're gonna ride this one out." she opened the cupboard door "It's like what they say about earthquakes, you can survive 'em by standing under a door frame. Now this cupboard's small so it's strong. Come and help me! Come on!"

"It's on radar. Counter-defense 556," Mickey claimed

"Stop them intercepting it," The Doctor ordered

"I'm doing it now,"

"Good boy,"

"556 neutralized," The Doctor ripped the mobile off the speaker phone and dragged Tia into the cupboard with everyone else. The Doctor watched as Tiaalen closed her eyes, her face calm as she began muttering to herself.

"Nice knowing you three. Hannibal!" Harriet shouted as they braced themselves for the impact. They all began to shake around the cupboard, until it all stopped. Tia was the first to rise, using the Force to push some of the wreckage away so they could get out. "Made in Britain,"

A Sergeant hurried over to the group "Are you alright?"

Harriet flashed her ID card at him "Harriet Jones. MP, Flydale North. I want you to contact UN immediately, tell the ambassadors the crisis is over and they can step down. Go on, tell the news!"

"Yes, ma'am." He hurried away

"Someone's got a hell of a job sorting this lot out. Oh, Lord! We haven't even got a Prime Minister!"

"Well, maybe you should have a go," The Doctor told her

"Me?" Harriet laughed "I'm only a back-bencher,"

"I'd vote for ya!" Rose told her

"Now, don't be silly. Look, I'd better go and see if I can help," Harriet climbed over the rubble towards the crowd of people. "Hang on! The Earth is safe! Sergeant!"

"I thought I knew the name." The Doctor murmured "Harriet Jones, future Prime Minister. Elected for three successive terms, the architect of Britain's Golden Age," The Doctor looked over at Tia who was surveying the wreckage. He walked over to her and hugged her "It's over,"

Tiaalen sighed and pushed away "It's just the beginning,"

.............................................................................................................................

Rose and Jackie were watching the TV in their flat "Harriet Jones." Jackie huffed "Who does she think she is? Look at her! Taking all the credit. Should be you on there. My daughter saved the world!"

"I think Tia and the Doctor helped a bit..."

Jackie sat down "Oh, alright then. Them too. You should be given knighthoods,"

"That's not the way they do things. No fuss, they just...move on. They're not that bad if you gave them a chance,"

"He's good in a crisis, I'll give him that,"

"Oh! Now the world has changed, you're saying nice things about him,"

"Well, I reckon I've got no choice! There's no getting rid of him since you're infatuated,"