His beautiful eyes were earnest as they pleaded with me to understand where he was coming from, and the more I thought about and let his words sink in was the more I came to realize it was exactly as he said. So I made him a solemn promise to open up and discuss things with him. I began by telling him about myself and my childhood and all the angst and fear that my own people had for me and how it made me feel. We must have sat there for hours and I quietly told him everything and anything about me, the pack, and my feelings on a multitude of subjects. I told him of my plans for Nassine, and he in turn told me about his life growing up in ignorant bliss about what he really was. He told me about the frightening flight from the only home he had known and about the red wolf and how his powers manifested themselves for the first time helping him get away.

We had wound up lying down face to face as we conversed well into the night. It wasn’t until the sun started peeking through the curtains that I realized we stayed up so long. I heard the wiggling of our little ones and I knew we didn’t have long before all three would wake up and demand attention. Seth made to get up and I pulled him back down and wrapped my arms around his slender waist. It was then that I made a promise to him, to open up to him and let him know what I was thinking and I promised to stop shielding him from everything. He leaned over and gave me one of the sweetest kisses that I have ever received, just as Sebastian cranked up and let out an imperial shriek as usual the first one to stir up his brothers.

“That is your son.” Seth said to me and climbed over my body and headed for our en-suite bathroom and firmly closed the door leaving me to deal with a brood this morning. I just sighed and pushed myself off the bed and towards the nursery.

And of course, Sebastian was sitting up in the middle of his crib howling bloody murder while his brothers twitched at the sound but they were not yet awake. So I quickly snatched him up and literally ran out of the room. Then I noticed Sebastian was rooting at my neck and I stopped and pulled him away to look at his face and to my surprise his eyes had changed, they went completely black. I used my finger and gently peeled back his top lip and saw two little incisors bursting through his gum.

Hmm...It seems that my little one was coming into his own. And I couldn’t help the feeling of pride that swamped through my chest. “Okay Big Boy, let’s get your dad to see to your brothers and we are going to visit your Uncle Raphael at the Coven House.” I told him. And I turned around and peeked into the baby’s room to make sure Trenton and Dominic were still fast asleep. I went into my room just as Seth emerged from the bathroom still damp and wearing only a towel. And if it wasn’t for the fact that I was currently holding our child that towel would have been replaced by my body.

Seth looked up at me and smiled and blew kisses at Sebastian and my beautiful boy giggled and wiggled his little body in efforts to get to his Dad. I couldn’t help but smile at his antics.

“I am going to take Sebastian over to the Coven House. It seems that our little one here is tapping into his Vampire. He wants to bite.” I explained and watched Seth’s eyes go round.

“They are growing so fast, you need to make them stop it.” He pouted then  he blew more kisses at our pretty baby.

I just chuckled and kissed him on his forehead. I wrapped Sebastian in a blanket and kissed Seth again before leaving the house. My foot barely touched the bottom step before our war wolves appeared in the clearing, and I nodded my greeting to them and set out at a brisk walk. I watched my son’s face as he took in the sights of the forest and the early morning sunshine filtering through the trees. His eyes followed the butterflies and the little hummingbirds as they set about their daily routines. It wasn’t long before I felt Lucas’ presence as he escorted me through the path to the Vampire’s Coven.