Epilogue: New Beginnings

Epilogue - New Beginnings

I fixed the sleek tie on my black tuxedo as I looked into my car's rear view mirror. Running a hand through my messy hair I sighed.

Why so soon? She never deserved this, if anyone did it was me. I was the naive one, I was the one who was too blinded to see that all she wanted was for me to notice her, and now all I can do is sit here in my car on her way to her funeral.

I looked at my white knuckles gripping the stirring wheel. How did it come to this point? A few months ago I haven't even met this girl. But now she makes all the difference, she's made me realize things that I was too blinded to see. I was not at all ready to lose her.

Everyone was under a big white tent when I arrived. I parked my car nearest to the area and slowly got out of the car watching as everyone grieved, as everyone reminisced her memory. The funny thing about funeral though is that people speak to the body about everything they ever wanted to tell that person and yet they're too late. I'm too late.

I watched as Eleanor stood in front of her coffin, running her hands on the smooth lid one last time before they lowered to the the ground. Her face holding no emotion. The face that I loved and still love but I wasn't ready for her commitment. I was stupid to think that my world revolved around her and my vision was blocked by the thought of our forever. I only now see that forever and happy are two words that never come together. I have yet to figure out what true love means because right now I'm nor so sure of my feelings anymore. She will continue with her life like she always planned it out to be and this time it would be peaceful for her. No more paparazzi, no lore crazy One Direction shit, no more rumors and no more me.

I continued to watch as Mikaela came to hug Eleanor, a tear escaping her eye something that you don't see everyday or in fact at all. Mikaela came back from America because she too has to move on from the mess that I've created. She too is having a new beginning.

"Louis, I was starting to wonder if you were coming or not." A familiar voice rang through my ears as he placed a hand on my back.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world Matt." I said in a monotone. Matt's still his joking self even in moments like this, but I've learned that it's just his façade and we all have this may we have it mindlessly or not. I know he is hurting inside though because behind that cheeky smile and squinted eyes are sadness you just have to learn to look a bit closer. It was the same look Ashley wore when she was with me, only now do I see it. A look of happiness and joy that hid the sorrow.

Everyone was now surrounding the casket that's placed six feet bellow the ground. Ashley's mom started to pass around white roses for each one of us to throw. Her red eyes were still sore from crying none stop but who could blame her she just lost her twenty year old daughter because of a naive pop star. She never blamed me though, no one did.

It was now time for each one of us to throw arose one by one saying our final message to Ashley.

"Thank you for everything, I love you." Eleanor said as she threw the first rose.

Mikaela came next, "You'll always be remembered."

Then one after another messages were said and flowers were thrown and one by one people started to leave. It was now my turn to throw the rose. I was the last one and everyone has left.

"Ashley, I never got to tell you how much you mean to me because honestly I didn't know. I took you for granted and now all I can do about it is sulk. I don't know if I was ever in love with you or not because I never gave myself a chance to and now I'll never know, we'll never know. We won't ever have a first date, a first kiss, a first anniversary, a first fight as a couple, a first make-up, I won't ever see if we get married or is we would have children and if they would be as fabulous as me or as random and quirky as you." I wiped the tears that I didn't notice were now streaming down my face.

"Why am I even saying these? I did this to you, because of me you're here. And I hate myself for it. I'll miss you Ashley and if there is something that I can promise you it's this, I will open my eyes from now on and seek for what matters, what is worth living or dying for. You Ashley are my hero, you are..." I stopped, thinking of a perfect way to describe her.

"You are what matters most." Having said that I threw the rose in and walked away.

------------

Okay guys so long time no see! Haha! That was the epilogue and this is the last of IWMM that you will see. I know it's pretty short but I think I've delivered the message that I wanted to say through the story if not here it is...

"Life is to short to plan, to make assurances because we blind ourselves with what we think is good for us and what we think is right for us. One day we will just look back and see that a different opportunity is gone. The one that was truly made for you. So open your eyes and remember that everything else is uncertain."

It has been a little over a year when I started this fanfic and now it's over. I honestly didn't expect anyone to read it because it was for pure fun only but you guys supported me and read on so thank you! I love you guys, sorry for the cheesy crap I'm a softie like that. Anyway if you want to read more of my work read She's Afraid to Love (it's about Mikaela but related to this too! And Ashley will appear in some scenes there because well, she was still alive.) I am also thinking about posting another work of mine soon but it won't be a fanfic so you guys can also watch out for that...

Well that's all for now,

Bye, Lovelies!

-randomgirl who thinks you're amazing so smile.

P.S. not edited or proof read sorry about that but this is now slowly (like molasses) going through editing I promise. :)