Chapter 13: Heartbreak

I heard the pain in his voice. He probably knows already.

"Louis where are you?" I don't know why my heart chose to call Louis. A guy I barely know, over my best friend. Maybe because I know that he needs me right now.

"She- she's with someone else Ash. She's moved on. But I can still fix this right Ash? I'll beg for her forgiveness and we will be back together right?" I hear him breaking down. I know that he's crying. I was speachless. 

"I'm on my way to her flat. I'll ask her to take me back." This wasn't the Louis that I knew. He no longer had this jolly tone that made everyone happy. Sometimes even the happiest of people can become the most broken. I started to sob too. I don't know why? Probably because I pitied him and I didn't want to see him or even hear him like this. 

"Stop. Louis, stop what you're doing you'll just hurt yourself even more." 

"You don't understand. Without Eleanor I am nothing." 

Is this really what love can do to you? Blind you with all the blessings that you have. His world shouldn't revolve around her. He deserves much more than that. 

"Hang on, I'll meet you at El's. Just don'tdo anything stupid." I said before hanging up. I'm part of this mess and I need to help them both, if that's possible. I ran to grab a cab. 

***

When I arrived at El's house Louis' car was outside already. "Shit." I muttered. I quickly ran to the front door but stopped at my tracks when I heard a familiar voice.

"What you think you're so cool pretty boy?" Matt. Eleanor was dating Matt? A thousand different emotions came rushing to me. Confusion, pain, fear. And knowing Louis he's up for a fight. I grabbed the door knob and opened the door to El's flat.

Eleanor was behind Matt and Louis' fist was a second away from hitting Matt's face. I was frozen on my spot, everything going slow motion. 

"Stop!" Eleanor cried. They didn't seem to notice my entance. I ran to Louis but not before Matt could return the blow. Louis' face was bleeding near his cheek and Matt had blood running out of his nose from Louis' punch. Not bad Lou.

"Matt stop it!" I shouted before matt could throw another punch. Both lads faced me. I took Matt's distraction as a chance to block Louis. 

"Why are you here?" All three of them asked me at the same time. Which I thought was pretty cool. I should really stop it with my side comments. I didn't answer any of them I faced Louis and held his face. His eyes were red. He's obviously been crying. 

"C'mon Lou, don't do this."

"But-" He started to object.

"Please." I pleaded him.

I helped him get on his feet and we got out of El's flat. I could feel Eleanor and Matt's confused gaze at us as we walked out but I didn't dare to look at them. Louis opened the door of his car for me to get in. I patiently waited for him to get in. The car ride was quiet. Neither of us said a word. The car then came to a stop at the front of my house. I looked at Louis his cheek was swelling and had a small cut.

"Do you want to come inside so I can put a bandage on that?" I asked awkwardly.

I watched him hesitate. He didn't answer and just got out of the car. I watch him walk to the front porch. I got out and followed him. I guess that's a yes. I grabbed the key to the door and turned the knob. I went in first and he gently followed.

"You can go sit on the couch while I get the first aid kit." He nodded and sat on the couch like a little boy.

I to the kitchen to grab the kit. When I got back to the living room he was staring blankly at the coffee table. His expression empty. I sat down beside him and grabbed a cotton ball and some alcoholand started to clean the cut. He cringed a bit when the cotton ball came in contact with his face. After cleaning the wound I sealed the cut with a small bandage. We were both quiet.