Chapter 14: Backfire

Before starting this chapter I would like to add a quote. It's just kind of relates to the story that I needed to add it.

Promises are made to be broken, 

secrets are made to be shared, 

And hearts are made to be shattered

Eleanor P.O.V. 

*Flashback* 

I came running towards Matt. I had a brilliant plan to get Louis back. I was desperate. The only person I need is Matt to be able to put this plan into action. I knew he always loved Ashley. Sometimes he would ask me what Ashley likes and dislikes just to be able to flirt with her but Ashley never noticed him. She saw him only as a friend.

"Matt! Can I talk to you for a second?"

"What do you need?" He asked me in a dull voice. I know that he's heard of the news already. I mean who hasn't? It's all over. I remember when I first saw it on tv. I couldn't believe my eyes. But I knew that Ashley liked Louis. Mikaela told me. So it wasn't such a surprise to me that she'd try to seduce him.

"I know you like Ashley and I have a plan. We can work together. I can get Louis back and you can have Ashley." It was wrong to sell my friend to a guy and this would make me seem like a real bitch, but I would do anything to get my boyfriend back.

I knew I caught his attention when he turned to me and said. 

"Okay. I'm listening."

My plan was simple. Make Louis jealous with Matt and he'd ask me to get him back.

I told him everything we had to do. But Matt wanted more. He wanted revenge on Louis for 'stealing' Ashley from him. I thought he was a nutter because Ashley wasn't his to begin with but I agreed anyway.

We we're the perfect team.

*End of Flashback*

I was thinking of what happened this morning while sitting comfortably on my bed. I thought my plan was working when Louis came into my flat, crying. It hurt me to see him like that. I wasn't used to it.

"You're with this bastard!" I remember him yell at me while pointing at Matt's face. I looked at Matt and saw anger radiating from his face. I could feel the tension between them. I wanted to hug Louis, to tell him the truth but before I could even open my mouth I heard Matt answer.

"What you think you're so cool pretty boy?" And the next second they were throwing blows at each other. I wanted to stop both of them. But I was frozen in my spot when I saw Ashley appear in front of Louis. That's when I knew that I lost my chance. I lost the love of my life, corny as that may sound. My plan backfired. All I could do was stare as Ashley helped Louis out of my flat.

I felt mixed emotions. Lost, anger, hate. But none of these emotions we're positive. I started to throw weak punches at Matt.

"You destroyed it. You destroyed everything. Get out of my flat!" I screamed at him.

"I did everything you asked me to do. Is it my fault your stupid boyfriend doesn't want you back. We just have to accept the fact that they've moved on." I wanted to slap him in the face, right there.

"I said get out!" I shouted once more. I watched as he quickly walked out. Louis still loves me. I can feel it. He wouldn't go all the way here if he didn't.

Why do I love this boy so much? Then I realized, I don't really know. I just do. It felt different when he was around me. Knowing that someone cares. The way he smile just lights the whole world up. So carefree. But I'd lost him.