Chapter 1: The Sleepover

"Eleanor!" I screamed at my best friend on the other side of the phone, excitement flowing through my whole body as I packed my bags.

"What? You didn't have to scream at my ear." I can almost imagine her rubbing her ear as she replied.

"My mom finally allowed me to spend the weekend at your house." I said excitedly. My mom has been strict with me going to sleepovers recently. She was babbling about how I don’t spend as much time with my family as I do with my friends.

"Thank goodness! It’s been forever since you’ve been here. Mikaela just called me and she said she's coming too."

"Anyway I’m going to finish packing my things now. See you later!"

"Okay. See you!" She said before quickly ending the call.

Eleanor has been my best friend only since a year ago but we've been very close friends. I met her in the school library and back then I used to be the silent one but it turns out I was louder then she is and here comes the flashback.

Flashback

Damn it, I'm in library duty again. I mean what's wrong with having some fun with friends? Okay so maybe it wasn't just "having some fun." We we're listening to a parody of Call Me Maybe on YouTube and our laugh was probably a wee bit too noisy. It was only computer class anyway; luckily I got library duty instead of detention where I could have died of boredom.

I quietly entered the big library taking a quick glance at students, studying for their exams and such things. The librarian turned to and whispered, "Just stack those books back in their corresponding shelves then your free to go." She was a petite blonde woman who probably in her late thirties.

This is the reason why I loved library duty, it’s easy as pie. Our school library was quite the stereotypical libraries with shelves filled with loads and loads of books and a few computers by the corner. I started to get to work taking a huge pile of books from the cardboard box marked with ‘returned’, the earlier I finish the earlier I can get out of here because all I want to do right now is get to the comfort of my bed.

"Hey!" I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned around to see the ever so famous Eleanor Calder. She was one of the popular ones, not only in our school but even all around the world. I mean who wouldn't know the girlfriend of Louis Tomlinson from One Direction. Okay that was quite mean for an introduction; I don't exactly hate her or anything I actually don't know a lot about her since we’ve never had classes together but I’m not too fond of the popular crowd.

"Hey." I replied in a whisper. I tend to be a bit shy to people I just met and to me she was a perfect stranger.

"I'm Eleanor Calder." She offered me a handshake, which I hesitantly took not wanting to b rude.

"I'm Ashley Robinson." This was all I could think of as a reply. I'm not really good in starting conversations. I usually have one sentence answers to questions but I am a bit loud when you really get to know me.

"So, are you in library duty?" She talked to me again.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Why?" She asked again. This might sound a bit mean but she was getting on my nerves, asking all these questions or maybe I just found it a bit awkward talking to her since she’s never noticed me and now here she is talking to me like we could be close friends.