Chapter Two - "Alpha, meet Omega"

Start from the beginning

Castiel blushed slightly, making his already rosy cheeks even redder as he realised that everyone had been waiting for him and now all eyes were on his. He shuffled on his feet and grabbed at his sleeves with his hands, biting the inside of his lip.

"There you are, Castiel. Come down here." His mother beckoned and Castiel nodded and went down the steps towards the group of people. He completely blanked all three of the Winchesters gazes and stood behind his mother, trying to get away from view. Dean could still see half of him though, and gulped slightly, still trying to get used to the strong smell. His father cleared his throat, probably trying to do the same and smiled.

"Lovely to meet you, Castiel." John says, holding out his hand for Castiel to take. The omega looked at his mother and father shyly before taking Johns hand and shaking it slowly mutter out something incoherent to Dean. 

"Come on, Castiel. Speak up, don't be rude." His father edged on slightly which only made Castiel blush more.

"Lovely to meet you too." He says in a surprisingly low voice for someone so small. However, the young omega was still quiet, obviously horendously shy and uncomfortable with everyone staring at him. Dean quickly took his eyes off of him, realising that he was probably staring too and shuffled on his feet slightly.

"Why don't we eat. It may break the tension a little bit." John grinned happily and Chuck and Anna nodded. Dean made his way quickly over to where he normally sat but his dad coughed to get his attention and shook his head, frowning.

"What?" Dean whispered.

"Chuck and Anna are sitting there, you sit besides Castiel."

"But dad..." He groaned slightly but one look from his father made him sigh and walk over towards where Castiel had already taken a seat. He dragged his chair out loudly, glaring at his father before roughly sitting down in the seat, folding his arms across his chest. 

He took one quick glance at Castiel who had not yet shown any other emotion on his face apart from shyness and was now staring down at his plate quietly.

"Before we start eating.." John says, standing up once everybody else was in their seats. He raised a glass and smiled towards Chuck and Anna. "I propose a toast."

"WOO, A TOAST!" Gabriel shouted loudly and everyone looked at him. "Oh... i thought it was like one of those toasts that.... never mind." 

"Any way." John coughs and regains his composure. "Here is to both of our families becoming one."

Dean stiffened angrily and once again looked over at Castiel while everyone else was raising their glasses before drinking out of them. He could see Castiel had stiffened up slightly too and sniffed slightly but kept his eyes on the plate in front of him, still not showing any emotion on his face. Dean sighed and leaned back in his chair, 

Because the scent of Castiel was so close to him, Dean really couldn't help himself. The smell was so intoxicating and he just had to have at least one deep smell to get used to it. So he breathed in deeply through his nose, his eyes almost watering by how strong it was and let a slow breath out, trying not to make any sound.

"That was slightly inappropriate." Came that low voice from beside him and Dean had never felt so embarrassed in all his life. The omega heard him smelling him! Of course he could hear him, he was right beside him after all and a wolves hearing was extremely spectacular. Dean coughed slightly and blushed, not looking up from the food on his plate. 

"E-erm..." he spluttered, not really knowing what to say but the omega was ignoring him anyway as he starting digging into his plate of meat and potatoes. Dean sighs and mentally slaps himself, wondering why the hell he just did that. He just thanked Zeus that nobody else heard him.

He looked up, across the table to see the two twins, Gabriel and Balthazar, staring at him smiling their heads of, mouths spread across their face in a wolfish cheeky grin. Dean's jaw tightened and he looked back down at his plate of food and quickly began eating, trying to take his mind, eyes and nose away from the twins and Castiel.

***

"Well, Chuck, Anna and I are going to have a few drinks in the side room. Why don't you two get to know the Novak's a little better?" John says and without waiting for a reply, he turns and walks out of the room with Anna and Chuck right behind him, looking quite happy with themselves.

Sam sighs and stands up, picking his book up before walking over to the other side of the room and sits down in a comfy chair, opening up and smiling contently. Lucky bastard, Dean thought, he didn't have a worry in the world. 

Dean stood up next, brushing himself down and walked away from the table towards a cabinet that had a whole load of alcoholic beverages in it. He picked one and poured himself a drink before turning back around and nearly jumping out of his skin. 

"Jesus!" He shouted, almost spilling the drink down him as the two twins had followed him silently up and was grinning at him in an identical manner, even though the two boys barely looked anything alike. Gabriel was a short little alpha, with blonde hair and golden eyes. His face was round and quite child like but his eyes had mischief written all over them. Balthazar on the other hand was taller, blonde as well but his face was slim and he had a constant smirk splattered across his face. His eyes, like Castiels, were a light blue but Dean caught himself thinking that they definitely weren't as nice as the omegas.

Dean looked over at Castiel and he found that he and Michael were in deep conversation with one another. Michael was lent over, speaking to Castiel in a serious and hushed tone while Castiel just stared into space, a sad look crossing over his face.

"SO!" Gabriel says loudly. "When are you and Cassie getting married?"

"Never, if I had my way." Dean snapped and took a chug of alcohol. Balthazar took the bottle from him and took a swig himself and sighed.

"That's the good stuff."

"What do you mean never?" Gabriel asked, frowning slightly.

"I don't want to get married to your stupid brother, alright?" Dean snapped and from the corner of his eye he swore he saw Castiel twitch slightly but decided to ignore it. "I'm not ready to have a mate."

"Well," Gabriel snorted before grabbing Balthazar. "You better start getting ready."

With that, the two twins stalked off in the direction of Sam who had no idea what was in store for him. Because for the rest of the night, all the twins were doing were just pissing him off to the point where he ran out of the hall, crying because they had accidentally set fire to his book.