Chapter 27

It was the day of the wedding and I was sweating. True, it would be a small wedding, just friends and family, but it had to be perfect.

"Sam are you sure everyone we invited is here?" I asked him nervously, tugging at my tie.

Sam nods. "Yes, Dean, we went over this."

"Dammit, Sammy, do it again!"

He sighed but listed the names again, but slowly this time. "Bobby, Jody, Donna, Ellen, Jo, Ash, Jess, Charlie, Kevin, and Benny."

I thought about the names for a second. They floated around my mind for a second before I nodded. "Alright, Sammy. I'm good. When is Cas gonna be here?"

Sam looked at his watch, tilting his head. "About thirty minutes. He's supposed to be here by noon, so he's on his way. Charlie is bringing him."

I nodded, and swallowed. "Okay," I said, voice shaky.

Sam raised an eyebrow at me. "Dude, are you okay? You seem nervous."

I'm about to nod, and say I'm fine and that everything is okay. But I shake my head. "No," I choke out. "Not really."

Sam looks at me with concern. "Dude, what's the matter, I thought today was supposed to be the happiest day of your life?"

I nod. "It is, but... I'm scared, Sammy. I'm so scared. What if after we get married, Cas decides he doesn't want to be my husband anymore? What if he decides he hates me? What if-"

Sam slaps me across my face. I'm shocked, but he takes my face in his hands. His voice is soft when he speaks to me. "Dean, you're gonna be okay. It's just pre-marriage doubts, everyone gets them. Cas loves you, and he's gonna want to spend the rest of his life with you."

I nod, taking a deep breath. "Thanks for that."

He nods and lets go of my face. "Come on, let's go stand, Cas is gonna be the one walking down the isle with Charlie."

Sam was my best man. He always was going to be, even before I knew who I wanted to marry. Now here he was in a tuxedo ready to help me through the whole thing. He would sure as hell make sure I didn't pass out in the middle of it.

Thirty minutes. People would start showing up soon, so I took my place at the top of the chapel. A flowery arch was placed at the top and it made me smile. White roses and blue forgetmenots laced intricately in the arch and was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen.

Ellen, Jo, Ash, and Bobby showed up wearing dresses and tuxes. I thought I'd never see Ash in a tux, yet here he was, the "party" of his mullet swaying against his fancy button up jacket.

I smiled at them as they took a seat. My heart was racing in my chest and everyone would be here soon. Bobby was the one saying the invocations, so he got up on the chapel with me. He shook my hand and gave me a proud look. "Congrats, boy. I  never thought you'd ever get married."

I laughed. "Yet here I am."

As soon as everyone else arrived and sat down, a pianist started playing the wedding music. My palms were sweaty and my throat was dry and I could hardly breathe.

The doors burst open and there Cas was with Charlie at his side. I knew my face revealed my emotions, because a chorus of awws were heard. Now I really couldn't breathe. I couldn't take my eyes off of him, and my breathing was erratic.

He was gorgeous. Never had I ever seen anything so beautiful in my life. His bright blue tie was a shade of his eyes and I honestly almost started crying then and there. 

Taking a deep breath, I kept my composure and smiled timidly at Cas as he stood in front of me.

Cas smiled back and we both turned to Bobby.

He said the words, but I could hardly hear over the roaring of blood in my ears.

The next thing I know, Cas was saying, "I do," and Bobby turned to me. "Do you take Cas to be your lawfully wedded spouse?"

I nodded. "I do," I said, throat scratchy.

Bobby nodded and flapped his hand. "Now kiss, or whatever."

I turned to Cas, going slow, but he grapped the lapels of my jacket and brought his lips to mine in a ferocious kiss. I tilted my head and wrapped my arms around his neck.

We were separated by applause and wolfwhistling. We both turned to our small crowd and smiled.

This was the beginning of something beautiful.