Chapter 2

The dream was still in Dean's mind as he way laying on the bed and staring at the ceiling. He rarely had nightmares and when he did, they had nothing to do with this one.
Usually his nightmares had someone chasing him or trying to hurt his family or his car, but never his family killing someone.
He was afraid, even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone. He was always the oldest one, he shouldn't be afraid. When his mother died, his father started drinking and Dean was the one taking care of little Sammy, and he never even once showed how afraid he is.
Right now he felt awful. Not that much about the nightmare, but because he felt that he betrayed Sam. The Sam from the dream told him that it was his fault. "How could it be my fault?" he thought "I just came here for a visit, its not like i killed anyone"
But he did. He killed someone, he killed his father.
One night, after John drank again he started yelling at Sammy. He had told him how useless he was, how nothing would come out of him, that he would never succeed no matter what he tried to do. Then he had taken off his belt and hit Sam's back. He had called him jerk, moron, asshole, idiot, every single curse word he could think of, hitting him with the belt.
Thats when Dean had entered the room, holding a cup of juice and a chocolate bar for Sammy. He saw what John was doing to Sam and saw the blood on the floor forming a pound and Sammy screaming in pain as John kept hitting. Dean had felt the tears in his eyes as he dropped the glass and chocolate. He yelled at John to stop, only to get hit by the belt on the face. The next thing Dean did was a little blurry in his mind, was it because of rage? Or the tears filling his eyes, he didn't know. What he remembers is John laying on the ground in his own blood dripping from his forehead where a bullet hole could be seen.

Dean cleared his mind and looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table. 5:30. He had a sleepless night. It was already morning so he decided to go out. He got up, made his bed, dressed himself properly and left his room. He passed a mirror on his way to the stairway and stopped in front of it to look at his reflection. He ran his fingers through his hair and went outside silently closing the door trying not to wake Jess and Sam.

He sat on the stairs watching the sky turning from dark blue to light blue as the sun was climbing up. He was deep in his thoughs when he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was a big warm hand so Dean looked up only to see Sammy smiling to him. Suddenly Dean jerked away from Sam breathing heavily.

"Dude, whats the matter?" Sam asked with a worried look.

"N-Nothing, relax, you just scared me" Said Dean shaking his head and grinning.

"Oh, I'm sorry, i didn't meant to scare you. I saw you sitting here and came to call you for breakfast. Jess is making pie, you coming?"

"Love me some pie, of course i'm coming!"

Dean followed Sam into the kitchen while trying to chase away the memories from his dream. Jess looked up and smiled at both of them and gave Sam a kiss while the boys sat around the table. She served the pie and they all ate in silence.

After they finished with the breakfast, Jess did the dishes while the boys were talking.

"Hey, dude, why don't we go out? The three of us. We have a lot to catch up on so it is a good idea."

"Hmm, true" Sam said rubbing his chin "Jess, baby, what do you think? Would you manage to walk that long without getting sick or something?"
Jess rolled her eyes and said with a smile "Relax, Sam, don't be overprotective, nothing is going to happen, in fact Dean is right, it is a good idea."
With that they left the house walking towards the nearest park.
"So Sammy, tell me, what happened after you left home to be a book worm in law school?" Dean joked.
"Well, i came here, found a nice apartment and moved while studying. It wasn't really a big one but it worked. The school was quite big, 4 floors and very good teachers."
"Sounds very nerdy" they all laughed. "So how did you meet Jess?"
"Thats actually a funny story, do you remember, Jess?" Sam looked at Jess and gave her a bright smile.
"Yes, of course, how could i forget? Well it was the first day for the lectures and we were all so quiet because we didn't know anyone just yet. So this tall Moose-like guy here sat in front of me." said Jess pointing at Sam. "He was way taller than me so all i could see was his neck and right at that moment there was a fly that was walking there so i slapped him as hard as i could just to chase away the fly. Then he turned around and yelled at me. And thats how we met." said Jess and started laughing.
"Yeah, she had that innocent face so i couldn't stay mad at her long. Later on we started hanging out, then things got deeper and we were together, and then this accident happened." Sam said while rubbing a hand on Jess' stomach. "Its not like we didint want kids, we just wanted to wait a while before that, but now after this happened i cant be more happy about it." He smiled and gave Jess a kiss on the cheek.
Dean just looked at them and smiled. He was glad that Sammy was finally happy.
"And what about you Dean? Do you have anyone in your life?" asked Jess with curiosity in her eyes.
"Well, i live with Lisa and Ben actually, there i work close to her house and eventually moved at her place, we've been together a while now."
"Lisa....you mean that Lisa?" Asked Sam with eyes wide open.
"Yes, that Lisa" said Dean with a chuckle.
"And you mentioned work, what do you work?"
"I work as a mechanic at Bobby's garage."
"Sounds great....Dean, can we talk? " Sam pulled Dean away when he saw Jess talking to Marie, an old friend of hers.
"Whats the matter Sammy?" Dean looked up at his little brother's eyes.
"I......I want to propose to Jess."
"Well thats great Sam, im happy for you. When do you want to ask her?"
"Thats the point Dean, i don't know."
"You'll find the right moment, don't worry."
And with that their walk ended as Jess called them over and asked to go home because her legs started hurting. The walk back to the house went quiet and as soon as they all entered the house, they went to do their own chores for the day.

Hey guys, this is the new chapter. How do you like the story so far? Kayla and i wrote these chapters so we could introduce you to the storyline, we are hoping that the story will get even more interesting to you all as the following chapters come. We're really happy when we see comments and feedbacks on the story so please let us know what you think!