Chapter 6

"Hiya Cassie!" A familiar cheery voice said. Cas turned around to see Gabriel the archangel.
"Gabriel what are y-"
"I wanted to talk to you about you and that Dean Winchester of yours." He said humorously but his face was serious.
"What do you mean?"
"You know exactly what I mean, Castiel," Gabe said raising his voice. "People like Dean Winchester lie and manipulate and not to mention it's against angel law!"
"I didn't do anything, Gabriel!" Cas said and it was the truth.
"But you will Cas... Believe me I know you will."
"So what if we do? What does that have to do with anything?" Cas asked starting to get annoyed.
"It's against angel law Castiel to get involved with a human." Cas was about to say something when he heard the soft whimpers of a scared and lonely Dean Winchester.
"Oh god, please go away just go away..." Cas heard him say over and over again. Cas had to go down there and help him.
"Dean needs me." Was all he said and then he left to go to Dean.

"Dean?" He called as he say Dean sitting in the corner of the room.
"They won't go away." He said softly and sounding tired. That broke Cas' heart seeing him like this.
"It's okay I'm here I will protect you." Cas said softly.
"No!" Dean growled and got up and walked to his bed he closed eyes. "You are not real, you can't be!"
"I am Dean and I have watched over you almost all your life... I care about you Dean just let me help you." Dean opened his eyes and looked at Cas.
"What do you mean you've been looking after me all my life?" He asked.
"Well not all of it, I was sent to protect you after you're father." He said getting softer at the last word. Dean took a real breath.
"You know?" Dean asked. Of course he knows he's in my head.
"I know what you're thinking, what do I have to do to prove I'm real."
"You can kiss me." Dean said sarcastically, except Cas didn't know that. He took Dean by the shirt and pulled him into his lips. Deans eyes widened in surprised but slowly closed. Cas pulled back, and Dean was panting with surprise.
"I-I was joking..." Dean said with warmness coming to his cheeks.
"Oh, okay then what else?" Cas asked serious as if what he just did was normal.
"I don't know..." Dean answers frustrated.
"Fine I have an idea." Cas put his hand on Dean's shoulder and then they were somehow in the middle of a field. Dean stepped back looking around.
"H-how did you-"
"I told you I'm an angel... I have wings." He said as if it were obvious. Dean shook his head, what good will it do to get surprised and interested in it if he isn't real?
"Where are we?" Dean asked looking around, it was beautiful here. Forests in the outline of the field and wild flowers everywhere.
"Somewhere in Europe." He answered never taking his eyes off Dean.
"Wow... Never been. Seems beautiful." "It is, been here many times... I've witnessed many events including World War II." That got Dean's attention.
"Oh yeah? What did you do?" He asked sitting down on the grass.
"Well of course I was a guardian angel for someone at the time... His name was Bucky and I looked out for his friend Steve a little as well. Unfortunately Bucky did not make it so I had to move on to another person... You." Cas explained.
"Why did you look out for Steve too?" Dean questioned.
"It was a favor for Bucky I never talked to him, he didn't even know I was there, but I could tell he cared about him so I looked out for him as Bucky went to war. Then Steve went and found Bucky and then when Bucky was gone I had to leave Steve. Never really found out what happens to him after." Cas said, looking out into the wild squinting his eyes at the sun. There was silence for a few moments.
"When did you start looking over me?" Dean asked.
"I already told you after-"
"After my father dies yeah, bit when was the moment you came?"
"Uh, it was your first day at Bobby's and you were in your room crying..." Cas explained softly.
"Oh." Dean really had no answer to that. Cas took a deep breath.
"We should probably get back before your doctors notice you're gone." Cas said. Dean cleared his throat.
"Uh, yeah... Probably." So with that they stood up and Cas put his hand on his shoulder again.
When they arrived back the hospital was quiet.
"Everyone must be gone or asleep," Cas says. "You should get some rest too."
"Yeah..." Dean seemed scared, probably because of the nightmares.
"I'll watch over you." Cas reassured, Dean relaxed almost relieved a bit.
"Okay... Good night." He climbed into bed and closed his eyes. Cas pulled a chair to the end of the bed and watched over Dean as he slept.

Dean woke up in the middle of the night, not because of a nightmare more like a need for something but what? He wasn't hungery (well he always is but not that much at the moment), he didn't need to use the bathroom... What was it? He looked around and his body relaxed and the feeling of need went away as he saw Cas looking around the room trying to get his mind occupied at the moment. Dean caught himself with a faint smile across his lips... He took a real breath and closed his eyes again. Maybe he could get used to seeing the blue eyed angel next to his bed... Even if he was a hallucination. Dean wasn't scared of him he was actually quite fond of him... In fact he was the only hallucination he wasn't scared of.
Hey there angels,
Its Vili's birthday today so we decided to post an extra chapter :)
Also thanks for staying around and reading this fanfic. We are really happy when we see how much you guys enjoy this story, so please leave us a comment saying what you think about it. Also, what do you think is going to happen next? Would Cas prove that he is real? Well, you will find out in the next chapter! We love you guys!
-Kayla and Vili 💕💝