Chapter 23

Cas and Dean looked for a place in the following weeks until they found the perfect home.
It was a small cozy house. Just the way Dean liked it. The fence was light blue which reminded him of Cas's eyes. The house was painted in green, not bright green, but green enough to remind Cas about Dean's eyes. It was the perfect home. There was a front yard, not too big but big enough for the rose bushes. The porch was wide, enough place for two chairs and a table for when Cas and Dean go out to drink coffee. The house itself was amazing. Two floors with 4 rooms each. The kitchen was on the first floor, as well as the dining room, living room and a guest room. All of them decorated with modern furniture. The 2nd floor had 4 bedrooms. All of them different. One was pale, the other one was light blue, the third one was a light shade of purple and the last one was a pink-redish shade. They all looked really beautiful and Dean loved every single thing in each room. All the bedrooms had a bathroom in them which was great.

"Hey Cas!" Dean yelled and Cas walked up the stairs to see Dean standing in front of the light blue room. "I choose this one. The double bed is big enough for both of us." he said and pulled Cas on the bed on top of him. Their lips lock in a kiss and Dean's curl in a smile when he rolls over and looks down at Cas.

"Well, we have work to do. We cant do this all day, even though i wouldnt mind to grab that ass." they laugh and get up.

"I'll go call Sam and you pay for the house. We are buying it." Cas smiled to Dean before walking downsgairs to call Sam.

Dean looked at the room again and closed the door going downstairs as well. He peeked at the kitchen door to see Cas laughing and talking on the phone with Sam. Dean smiled and went to the front door to the woman standing there.

Amara looked up at Dean when he sat next to her.

"How do you like the house?" she asked. Amara was an old friend from when Dean was in college. She sells houses now and she was kind enough to help them find a place to live.

"Its perfect. Thanks Amara." Dean smiled. "Here is the money we talked about, we are buying it."

"Thats wonderful! Im so glad i could help you two." she stood up. "Thank you Dean, i better be going now. Have fun decorating!" she waved and walked away leaving Dean alone on the porch.

He sat there for a while and then stood up and entered the house.  Cas was done talking on the phone and he was making some eggs and bacon. It was still nine am.

"Breakfast?" Dean asked and went to make some coffee for both of them.

"Yes, i thought we should have our first breakfast in the new house together." Cas said putting the plates on the table.

"You thought right." Dean hugged Cas from behind and put his head on Cas's shoulder. "Thank you Cas."

"What for?" Cas mumbled.

"For being here, for doing all this, for not giving up on me when i had amnesia. Thank you for saving me." Dean said kissing the other man's cheek.

Cas blushed slightly and turned around hugging Dean tightly.

"You dont have to thank me. My heart told me what was the right thing to do. You showed me how to love, how to feel. I am the one who needs to thank you Dean, being an angel was not always easy, but being your guardian angel was everything i ever hoped for, even if i didnt knew it then." Cas buried his face to Dean's chest. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes until the coffee was ready. Then, they sat on the table and started their breakfast.

"So, i called Sam. Told him everything about this place. He seems happy that we found a house to live in. And he promised to help us move our stuff here." Cas said.

"Thats great. When will he...."-the doorbell rang - "...come". Finished Dean but Cas was already up and opening the door.  Outside the door there was an old man, and two women. Cas didnt know them but Dean did.

"Bobby! Ellen! Jo!" he said with a surprised tone and hurried to hug them. "What are you three doing here?"

"We came for a visit. Sam told me you aint coming back at the garage." Bobby said. Dean noticed that Bobby and Ellen were holding hands.

"Yeah, i moved here with my boyfriend. Cas, this is Bobby. And thats Ellen and her daughter Jo." Dean gestured to the three people standing at the door.

"Its a pleasure meeting you. Why dont you come in? We just bought the house, make yourself at home." Cas smiled and led them to the living room. Dean pulled Bobby away from the group and rised his eyebrows.

"Whats going on here?" He said with a grin.

"Nothing is going on. As i said we came for a visit since you aint coming back." Bobby said and smiled too.

"Come on Bobby, i know you. There is something. You cant have came for a visit only."

"Alright, alright. I came to tell you that i married Ellen."

"Wow Bobby, thats amazing. Finally found someone to drink with." Dean laughed.

"Idjit." Bobby rolled his eyes and went to the living room too, followed by Dean.

The day went great. At some point Sam came to Dean and Cas's place and stayed there to see Bobby, Ellen and Jo. And they talked and talked. It was a fun night. Then the time for goodbyes came and Bobby, Ellen and Jo left. Sam helped Cas and Dean with unpacking their stuff.

"Dean, i was wondering, we should celebrate the new house. Why dont you and Cas come for dinner tonight? Jess is making apple pie for dessert."

"Yeah why not. You go get everything ready,we're coming in a few." Dean smiled to Sam. He had something in mind and Dean was almost certain he knew what was going to happen.

Sam left and Dean told Cas about the dinner invitation. They started getting ready and all of a sudden the lights went off.

"Cas?" Dean called. There was no answer. He walked over to the drawer and got a flashlight. He went and tried the lightswitch a few times and suprisingly the lights got on again.

"Huh,that was weird." Dean mumbled to himself and kept dressing up. But again the lights started flickering. Dean looked around himself and he saw it. Lisa's ghost standing just a few steps away.

"Your fault. I died because of you. You should be dead. Not me." she whispered.

Dean took a few steps back and dug his hand into his backpack. He took out some salt and threw it at the ghost. And Lisa was no longer in the room.

"I learnt a few things. I know how to keep you sons of bitches away." He said. But still the sight of Lisa made the pain come back. All those emotions hit him again. She was right. He was responsible for her death.

"Calm down Dean, its an important night. You dont want to ruin it." he whispered and luckily that helped.

After a couple more minutes they were in the car already and driving to Sam and Jess's house. Not long after that they arrived and entered. The scent of delicious food could be smelled in the whole house and Dean went to the table right away. They all sat and ate in silence until Sam broke it.

"So we are celebrating Cas and Dean's new house tonight! Congratulations guys! We are both so happy for you!" said Sam. He was a bit nervous, Dean noticed. "But i wanted you all here for something else too." he added. Then he slowly kneeled down taking a ring out of his pocket. He looked up at Jess and said those few words he probably said in front of the mirror so many times until this moment. But the moment was still so romantic.

"Jess, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"