Chapter 18

Cas POV

Lucifer was way too strong. I thought i was strong enough to handle this, but i wasnt. I watched him torture Dean. My hands were covered in his blood but i couldnt take control. Lucifer was sucking my strength. Dean had trouble breathing. His voice always broke on the last word and the sight of him coughing blood broke my heart. I wanted to help him. To kneel next to him and say that everything was going to be alright. I listened to him talk. The way he asked me to come back to him, he needed me. My Dean needed me. I started fighting with Lucifer, slowly i got my strength back and cast him out to his cage but at what cost? Dean was laying lifeless on the ground. I quickly kneeled next to him and cupped his cheek.
"Dean?!" i was worried. His heart was still beating which was good. I took a deep breath and concentrated. I needed all the strenght i have to get him to a hospital. And i did it. I got us out of Hell and went to the nearest hospital. Dean was still  unconscious when i carried him in. I used all my remaining power to heal him as much as i could but it wasnt much. At least most of his bones werent broken anymore. I couldnt think about anything at the moment. I had to take care of Dean. People around me were staring as i walked fast.  I came closer to a reception desk and looked at the dark haired woman standing behind it. She was reading a magazine and when i called her, she looked at me and smiled.
"Excuse me....Meg" i said reading her name on the badge. "I need a doctor. My....friend is unconscious! Hurry!" i begged her. She frowned and called and a doctor came. A few doctors came fast and took Dean from me.  They put him on a litter and got him for an emergency surgery. I sat on one of the chairs in the waiting room and waited.
I looked around the room. The green walls and white floors,typical for the hospitals. The floor smelled like bleach or something, i couldnt get my mind to it now. There was a nervous couple sitting a few chairs away. They were holding hands and the woman was crying. On the hallway there was this little girl holding a teddy bear and crying while walking behind a few doctors that were pushing a wheelchair with a woman on it. I can only assume that something bad happened to that woman. I looked at the girl again and heard the doctor talking.
"Whats your name, sweetie?" he looked down to the little girl and gave her a soft smile.
"Claire" the girl answered and wiped her tears away.
"Why dont you go and sit on the chairs Claire? Your mommy is in good hands now." he took her hand and walked her to the seat next to me.
"Arent you a brave little girl" the doctor smiled at her again and went after the other doctors. I heard the girl sob and turned to her.
"Whats the matter little girl?" i asked her trying to get my mind away from Dean.
She turned her head to me and i smiled lightly.
"My name is not little girl. Im Claire."
"Nice to meet you Claire, my name is Castiel."
"Castiel...are you an angel? The girl wiped her tears and looked at me with cherry red eyes. "There is an angel named Castiel, the Angel of Thursday. His name means "Speed of God".
"You know so much about angels." i smiled and put a hand on her shouder. "Let me tell you a secret. Yes i am the angel." her eyes widened when i said that and i saw a spark of hope in her eyes.
"Can you cure my mom?" She leaned forward more. I thought about it for a moment, I felt my strength coming back maybe just one more miracle could be what I need right now.
"Yes... Yes I can." A small smile came upon my lips and her eyes widened. She took my hand and started walking to her mothers room.
"What exactly is wrong with her?" I asked.
"Stomach Cancer..." She answered looking down and slowing her walks.
"That is actually really easy to cure... You're very brave Claire, you're probably braver than any angel." She looked up with a smile on her face.
"You think so?"
"... I know so."

Cas walked out of the room and looked back once more. Claire was sitting with her mother talking and her mom finally looked like she had life in her eyes again. Claire was smiling and laughing, Cas found himself smiling as well.
He walked around the corner back to the waiting room, he was about to sit down when he heard someone call his name. He turned around to see someone that looked like and probably was Dean's doctor. Reality soon came back to him and he was once again worrying and hating himself for what he did to Dean even if it wasn't him doing it.
"Hello, Castiel?" She asked. 
"Yes, yes that's me... Is Dean okay?" He asked frantic.
"My name is doctor Rebecah, you can call me Becca... Maybe you should have a seat." She said gesturing towards the seat on his left. He slowly sat down with her along side him.
"Dean's surgery went well, we got him stable and thankfully didn't lose him... But Dean suffered from mild brain trauma that may cause some... Amnesia." She said slowly, Cas' head shot up into her eyes.
"Amnesia? As in... Memory loss?" Cas asked already knowing the answer.
"... Yes, look I'm so... So sorry." Cas couldn't believe this. What if he didn't remember him?
"Can I... Can I see him?" Cas asked looking back up to Becca.
"Yes... Yes of course, right this way." Cas got up and started following her.
Becca stopped in front of a door to what he thought must be Dean's room.
"You need to know that Dean went through a lot of trauma... There is gonna be a lot of equipment, a lot of tubes and wires... It can be pretty over whelming-"
"I can take it... I just want to see Dean." He started to tear up. Becca smiled lightly understanding. She patted Cas' shoulder and left giving him some time alone.
He slowly put his hand on the door and opened it... Closing his eyes and stepping in, closing the door behind him. He slowly opened his eyes, and right away started to break down.
"What have I done?"