Chapter 20

"What about Dean Winchester and me?" i asked nervously.
"... I'm sorry to say this Castiel but, as long as you are with him as an angel he will never be safe. No matter where you go he never will be." He replied. It felt like my heart was squeezing together.
"What are you saying?" He whispered.
"... You have to leave Dean Winchester, brother. That's the only way he will be safe." My eyes widened.
"No," I shook my head. "No I can't do that, you don't understand I just can't." Balthazar sighed closing his eyes.
"There may be another way," I looked up to him with a pleading look. "You could... Not be an angel."
"... What do you mean?" I asked confused, not be angel?
"... I mean... Getting rid of your wings Castiel." He looked up at me, what?!

Dean was sitting at his bed trying to peace some things together... But everything wasn't making since to him. But there was one thing, one person... That wasn't quite confusing.
With a knock at the door he was interrupted from his thoughts. He looked up to see the blue eyed man in a trench coat that he was just thinking about. Dean let a sigh out like he was relieved for his presence...
"Cas! Thank god you're here, there was this tall man that was here and asking me all these... All these questions. I didn't know the answer to any of them and he looked like he was getting frustrated, then he got a call and looked scared and ran. Cas?" He saw how Cas was looking around the room like everything was different to him, but then he looked at Dean and they way he looked at him was like he just saw water in a desert.
"U-um," Cas stuttered and then shook his head. "Sorry, just... Long day."
"It's fine." Dean replied.
"So... I wanted to try a couple things. See if anything will make you remember something. If that is alright with you." Cas asked, he seemed different somehow.
"Um... Yeah sure." Cas looked around again.
"Where's Sam?" He asked.
"Who?" Cas shook his head with his eyes closed, this is gonna be hard to get used to... Hopefully he won't have to for much longer.
"Never mind, I will just call him." He nodded his head to reassure Dean he would be back. He went out to the nurse and asked for Dean's phone and found Sam's number. He called and it turns out Jess was going into labor, he promised to call and give updates every hour or so... He was still worried about Dean but Cas told him to just worry about Jess and not Dean, he had it under control.
Cas stepped in and closed the door.
"So... I was thinking we could do something you want to do first." Cas said. Dean nodded and thought about it.
"Can we walk around the hospital a bit?" Dean smiled slightly.
"Yeah sure. Let me just ask the nurse if it is okay and then we will." Dean nodded.

"This is nice." Cas said.
"... Yeah." Dean replied. Another moment of awkward silence. Dean stopped and closed his eyes.
"Dean are you o-"
"I'm fine... I'm sorry, I know this is awkward and..." Dean trailed off.
"Hey, it's okay... This is overwhelming I get it. I can only imagine what it's like to be in your shoes right now." Cas glided his hand up and down Dean's back for comfort. There was another moment of Dean not talking.
"Can I... Ask you something."
"Yes... Of course Dean anything."
"Earlier... When you were talking to that guy. There was mention of you being an... Angel?" Cas took a deep breath.
"Um... Yeah, I-I was..." Cas said softly Dean looked up at him surprised but not as much as you would of thought.
"What do you mean was?"
"... I got rid of my wings... For you." Cas said the last part slowly. Dean looked at him confused and surprised... But also sad.
"You didnt have to..." said Dean silently. There was sadness in his eyes and Cas couldnt help but stroke The green eyed man's cheek.
"You dont have to worry about anything Dean. Nothing is going to hurt you now. I did this for you. For us." Cas  smiled to Dean which made him smile too.
"Can we....go back?" asked Dean. "Im not...feeling well." he tried to focus his eyes on Cas but couldnt. He felt dizzy and  staggered. Cas reaxhed out and wraped his arm around his waist. Then they slowly got back to the room and Dean got in bed.
"How are you feeling? Does it hurt?" Cas had a worried look on his face and his hands were hoovering over Dean not knowing what to do.
"I'm fine, really." sighed Dean and closed his eyes fot a bit to get rid of the dizzyness.
"Are you tired? You should have some sleep." Cas didnt give up and tried to leave Dean to have some rest but he opened his eyes and insisted on staying awake.
"I want to spend time with you." he said and he made the innocent puppy face. Cas just couldnt refuse to that.
"Okay, yes there is something else i want to try. Lets play a game." Cas sat next to Dean's bed.
"Okay." simply answered Dean.
"You ask me facts about you and i will tell you if they are true or not. Agree?"
"Yes. Sounds fun." the smile on his face made Cas' heart melt. Dean was enjoying his company so much.
"Okay...My name is Dean Winchester...true or faulse?"
"True" Cas was truly happy right now. He still didnt get used to being human, but he could finally see Dean's face and not his soul.
"I have a brother?" there was aome confusion in Dean's voice.
"True" Cas' smile got wider as he saw the sigh of relief coming from Dean.
"You are my best friend. True or faulse?" Cas froze for a bit...he didnt know what to say. His fingers touched a photo in his pocket of them hugging and kissing. But he shouldnt....not now.
"True" said Cas instead.
"I have a girlfriend. True or faulse..."
"True." dean saw the sadness in Cas' eyes when he said that so he stopped playing ans looked at the angel inatead.
"Whats the matter?" Cas saw the confusion and fear in Dean's eyes. Then he just took the photo out of his pocket and showed it to Dean. He looked at the photo and hia eyes got wider. He was about to say something but he was interrupted by a phone ringing. Cas took out his phone and picked up.
"Cas.....its a girl. I have a baby girl." Sam said from the other end of the line and started crying.

What do you think about this chapter? And the fanfic in total? I really hope you are enjoying it, and of course stick around for the following chapters.
-Vili and Kayla 💝💕