Chapter 26

It was the day before the wedding and I felt like I was losing my mind. It needed to be as perfect as Cas was to me, but I don't think anything could be that perfect. Cas was everything to me, and I didn't want to mess anything up.

Cas and I were lying in our bed, staring at the ceiling. We both were trying to sleep, but neither one of us could catch any Zs. They were all floating above our head, taunting us, but they were always out of reach.

"You know, Cas," I say, finally, breaking the silence. "I never thought that I'd get married."

Cas ran his fingers through Dean's hair. "Why is that, Dean?"

I look over to him. "I've been a mechanic my whole life. All this time I've been waiting for something special, but I always thought I'd die before I could have it. I've always wanted for someone to grab my heart and never let it go. Someone to make me feel special, and to scream to the world about our love." I give him a small smile. "And then I found you and everything began today have sense. Every word, every moment, every touch, and every memory."

Cas smoothed his hand across Dean's jaw. "Dean, promise me a place in your house of memories."

I kiss his hand. "I promise."

Cas comes closer to me, pressing his nose against my neck, his lips coming close to my ear. "I love you," he whispered, almost inaudibly.

"Why did you say it so quietly?"

"You said you wanted someone to scream it to the world. You're my world, and all I need to do is whisper it to you."

I pinch my lips together. "God, I love you, too, Cas."

He smiles and kisses me, soft and slow at first, but then it's heated and passionate and he sits up with me following his lead. He runs his hands on my hips, and swiftly takes off my tee shirt. He kisses my collarbone and my chest and my breath hitches.

He pulls off my boxers and his own then lies me down again.

Hands on body, lips on lips, hearts on hearts, he gets closer to me than any person ever has and will. My head pounds with euphoria, and I feel like I'm on ecstasy. That's how Cas makes me feel, and will continue to make me feel every day and for the rest of my life.

I'm shaking and screaming and moaning and my god, Cas truly is a gift from heaven. I don't know how I'd get through this miserable life without him now that I have him.