-GoodNight-

"Y/n-chan~!" A small boy with black hair and purple eyes chirped.

The (h/c) haired girl looked up, her (e/c) eyes shining, her lips curving into a smile.

"Look what I caught!" He beamed, showing the girl, the beetle he held in his hands.

"Wow~! That's huge!" She exclaimed.

The boy smirked, a proud expression on his face. But then the boy dropped the beetle and stepped on it, much to the girl's horror.

"That beetle was doing something it wasn't supposed to be doing, so I punished it." He replied, his face now covered in blood.

"Let's go back to class Y/n-Chan~"

"Who are you?" The girl asked, stepping back.

"Don't you remember? I'm your friend."

"Get away from me!" She stated, taking another step back.

Beetles started to drop onto the ground, dead, as the boy stepped on them. Then suddenly the beetles turned into actual corpses, causing the girl to scream.

"What are you doing?!" She screamed.

"Passing judgement to sinners." The boy replied, grabbing onto the girl's wrist.

"Let go!" She shouted, trying to break free of the boy's grip.

The boy smiled, his violet eyes shining with malice.

"Let's go home, Y/n-chan~"

~~~

"Let go!!!"

Dazai rubbed his eyes, now awake because of the sudden shout. He was about to complain at whoever was shouting to stop, when he remembered that he no longer lived on his own.

"Stop It!!!"

The man jumped out of bed and ran to the girl's room, throwing the door open. Dazai was relieved to see that the girl wasn't actually being attacked, but was having a bad dream. She was tossing and turning in, forehead covered in sweat.

"Y/n." Dazai stated, shaking the woman's shoulder.

The woman immediately sat up, her (e/c) wide with terror.

"Y/n?"

The woman flinched and turned to see that it was Dazai.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his brown eyes filled with concern.

Y/n didn't respond, her breathing still quickened. Whatever she had seen must've shaken her up pretty bad, and it was hard to shake her up. So Dazai did the first thing that came to his head, he embraced the woman.

Y/n's eyes widened, as the bandaged man's arms wrapped around her body, his chin resting on her shoulder.

"Don't worry Y/n." He stated.

"I'll protect you..."

"So please go back to sleep." He added, giving the woman a small smile.

The woman nodded, her eyes closing again. Once she went back to sleep, she didn't have anymore nightmares.

Dazai stayed true to his word and didn't leave the woman's room. Once she fell asleep, Dazai smiled and laid her down on the bed, stroking her soft (h/c) hair. To him she looked the most beautiful when she was sleeping because it was when she was most peaceful, she also looked younger and less stressed out.

Dazai couldn't help but wonder how it would've been had he taken her with him. What if he convinced her to leave the Port Mafia? Would they be happy? Would Y/n love him, the way he loves her?

~~~

"No!!!" The (h/c) girl, sobbed, tossing  and turning in her sleep, tears pricking the corners of her eyes.

"Y/n-chan?" A voice asked.

The girl's shouts had woken up a certain bandaged boy. He rubbed his eyes, frowning as he saw his friend crying. He wondered what kind of nightmare she must be having.

"Stop! Please I'll be good! Please!"

Without much thought, the boy walked up to the girl and hugged her tense body close to his own, using his hand to stroke her hair.

The girl's eyes slowly opened, tears quickly flowing down her cheeks.

"D-Dazai-San?" She asked.

Dazai smiled at the girl.

"Don't worry, Y/n-chan. I'm here now." He replied.

"Go back to sleep, I'll keep the bad guys away." He added.

The girl blushed, embarrassed, yet still rested her head on Dazai's chest. Soon Dazai could feel her sold breathing, smiling, he pushed away a strand of her hair.

Without meaning to, Dazai had also fallen asleep.

Kouyou yawned, it was usually at this time that Y/n had nightmares, making haste she rushed to the girl's room. Her eyes widened then softened when she found Dazai snoring softly, the (h/c) haired girl in his arms. Smiling the woman quietly walked up and covered them both in blankets.

"Good night you two."

~~~