Chapter 62

Kendrick's POV.

Am I dreaming? Did what just happen to me really happen? I slide back into my seat in a daze. As I slowly drift out of it I turn to look at my friends and cousin beside me. The look on their faces mirrors my own. Warren and Dan have their mouths hanging open and their eyes practically popping out of their sockets. The only one who isn't looking overly surprised is Lana, she has a knowing smirk on her face and it stirs confusion in my mind. Why is she staring at me like that? Oh who cares! My mate, my beautiful, exquisite mate just kissed me.

I sit there thoughtlessly for a few minutes without doing anything, but after a while my brain starts to work again and the question as to what just happened pops into my head again. I turn to see my mate with astonishment in her eyes but at the same time there is a flicker of determination in them as she glances around the room. I trail my eyes around the room to see many miffed expressions on the faces of multiple women. A string of disappointment hits my chest for a moment and my face falls until I start to think as to why she felt the need to kiss me in the first place. Then a slow smirk tilts my mouth upwards. She's showing the other women her claim. She's jealous and doesn't like other women looking at me.

As the class begins I lean forward and make sure to graze my lips against her ear and a shiver runs up her spin. "Jealous, baby? Don't like women looking at what's yours do you? Don't worry, I've got eyes only for you." With my last words I feel her shiver again. I pull back so I don't overwhelm her just in case but I still keep my hand in hers. Thankfully I don't need to write notes as I'm not a student and she's not left handed so she can still write. It seems she does need that hand as she lets go of mine to hold the paper still. Not bothered by her letting go of my hand I just move it to her back and let it rest there. I can tell by her glance at me she needs to feel my touch as reassurance to keep her calm more than anything else, and I won't deny I'm happy about this. It has taken us so long to get here and all I wanted in the time of waiting was to just keep my hands on her.

Being in a two hour class surprisingly doesn't feel as long as I thought it would but I can tell Felicity doesn't feel the same. When there is only a half hour to spare I feel her begin to tense, every inch of her feeling like hard steel beneath my fingers. Soon after I can feel her breathing quicken and looking at her face I see the fear behind her eyes. Without thinking I lift my hand and draw her face to look at me, "breathe, just breathe." I can see a panic attack starting. That was one of the things that started happening after she woke up and we started working on getting her used to physical contact. She said it was whenever she became nervous of what she was doing that they started. I move my other hand from her back and move it to her hand, quickly removing the pencil I take her hand in mine and get up from my seat.

I can tell by this action we draw the attention of the teacher and other students but I don't take my eyes off her. I feel her eyes are on me, I'm sure wide with anxiety. I direct her away from our seats and toward the stairs to move to the exit. With each step I make I do everything I can to block her view of everyone and them of her. Without looking I motion to the others to stay seated. I never take my eyes from her face and I catch the build up of tears with my fingers that are leaking from her eyes.

The minutes we reached the door I throw it open and push her out ahead of me. I watch as she staggers on her feet, leaning against the wall on the outside of the lecture hall for support. Just as I rush forward she collapses but I catch her just in time. I let me back touch the wall and with my arms around her I let us slide to the ground. I hold her in my arms, brushing her hair from her face as she presses it against my neck taking deep breaths. Softly I tell her "Just focus on your breathing, in and out, in and out. I'm so proud of you, baby. You are doing so well, each time will get easier and soon enough you won't need me here with you. Although it's not like I make much of a difference, I was no help at all in there." She chuckles at my words of self mockery and I smile at the sound. I kiss her forehead and lean my chin on top of her head, rubbing my left hand up and down her thigh for comfort.