Chapter 52

Boo yah! Two chapters in one day. Surprise! I figure since haven't updated in so long I'd give you your missing chapters...you're welcome. Oh please stop, you don't need to throw flowers at me, I feel too much of your love already! Hahaha I'm so weird but that's why I'm awesome. You be you and I'll be me!

Kendrick's POV.

When I come out of the shower with just a towel wrapped around my waist, the response I get from Felicity was not one I had expected.

As I walk further out of the bathroom I give a small smile as I see her sitting up, she looks at me and a small glimpse of confusion passes over her face but it's gone in second; I can still see trepidation lingering in her eyes. She raises her hands to her head and groans out in pain, "Felicity are you okay?" I move a little closer to the bed but stop because being practically naked and her lying in the bed is more temptation then I can handle. When she doesn't respond I begin to feel nervous, the look in her eyes is beginning to scare me "Felicity answer me, what's wrong?"

Her next words break my heart and I quickly realize she doesn't recognize me at all and the fear in her eyes as she looks at me tears me apart. I thought once she killed him the horror would end, that she would be at peace, that we would be able to live in peace; how wrong I was. Every scream she gives, the words she says, they make me so angry I want to bring Ladwen back and kill him all over again myself.

She begins to beg me not to beat her, or rather 'her father.' Instead of seeing her mate, I've realized she is seeing am image of her father instead; I didn't know what to think or what to do so all I did was try to reassure her of her safety with soothing words and a calming voice. There was no lust in her eyes as she looked at me but a deep rooted fear that I never noticed and I don't think anyone has seen before. My wolf almost burst out of me when she ripped her clothes off, lust for our mate clearly written in our silver shining eyes as they take in the beautiful body before us. Thankfully he doesn't force himself out completely to take and claim her as ours, we are both very aware of the shaking fear wracking her body. We want her to beg us to take her with wanton need, accepting our mating bond with a heartfelt warmth and not as if she were a slave begging her master and tormentor not to beat her.

I am afraid if I keep looking at her the temptation of her body will become too great so I turn my eyes and body away from her supple body so that she only sees out back. I want her to know it's me and realize on her own who I am but she doesn't. Her screams, her pleads for me to use her body and begging for mercy get so loud that Warren and Lana come barging into the room. The hysteria in her words and actions make it known that she is delirious, and she can't identify friend from foe. All she sees are her enemies- well except for Warren. It angers and disappoints me when it is Warren she calls out to for comfort.

I almost release a growl of fury when- as my back is turned to her- she notices the prescence of the other two, she turns and asks me about sleeping with all of us. What I don't understand is; it's as if she has no idea who we are. I don't understand what is happening with her. "Sh-she thinks- What is wrong with her?" I have no answer for him because his guess is as good as mine.

Her sweet voice again speaks up and I hear her recognize Warren. She even asked him if she's at the pack house and not at home, why is she not in his room. Her confession of fear tears at my heart all over again, my prescence has brought the deep rooted fear out. I have to get out of here, I can't watch as she asks for the comfort of another and doesn't even recognize her own mate. I turn for a split second to look at her and I see when Warren reaches out a hand to her she pulls hers back quickly as if he would hurt her if they touched. I turn my face away as she turns her eyes to me and I know she didn't catch me glancing at her. I don't say anything as I leave the room in my towel and make my way outside, I don't care what others will say about how I look, I won't be needing clothes anyway.

Once I'm out the door I jump from the porch to the grass, and the moment I've run far enough from the house I shift leaving the only thing covering my body behind. As my wolf and I become one we howl to the sky in anguish and loneliness, crying out for our mate to return to us. As we howl it is at that very moment I finally realize the one thing I never thought could come true, did. I've fallen in love, and not with just anyone but the one they call: the pack slut. I can't say I have any regrets, she surprised us all when she showed us who she really was as a person, when every thing she did it for was to protect herself and at times others. I don't love her just for her beauty or brain, I love her for the undying courage that pushes her to keep living, the driving force that keeps her strong and makes her beautiful on the inside. No one can ever call her weak because she's not, she's one hell of a fighter.

And she all mine.

I smile sneaks onto my lips with that thought. I will never stop wanting her, even when I'm old and gray I will want her the same way as I do now. Outer beauty doesn't last forever but the fighting spirit in my woman will.

I keep running as these thoughts run through my head. I almost laugh at myself when I think back to how I used to think about Felicity. What an ignorant fool I was, and what a treasure I have found at the bottom of the sea.

I keep running for a couple more hours until I feel someone come up behind me. I stop to allow them to catch up. Warren's scent reaches my nose and I can tell he's only a short distance from me: his wolf form breaks threw the trees and I nod my head in welcome. The two objects he carries in his mouth he drops on the ground, he tosses one of them to me and I nod my head in thanks. I pick up what I know recognize as shorts, turn my back to Warren's prescence and shift back into my human form putting on the clothes brought for me. "Are you decent Drik?" he asks from behind me since neither of us left to shift behind a tree but just turned our backs in respect for the others privacy.

I laugh at his words "Yeah, yeah, you can turn around." We turn at the same time and Warren looks at me with a sad look in his eye. "It seems she doesn't remember anything from before Lana and I met. She keeps apologizing to me for cheating on me with you since she thinks she split with you. She thought she was hiding it better. Heck I never knew even when we were together that she was cheating on me." He stops there for a couple seconds and takes a deep breath, it probably hurts to know that now "I wonder why she would cheat on me if she knew her father would be unhappy if he found that out and that I wouldn't want to be with her if she was sleeping with others. She obviously kept this hidden from everyone, it makes no sense to me if she was with me because of her father. It doesn't add up, I always felt she was sincere when she told me she cared about me, I'm really confused."

I can't help but growl when Warren mentions about how Felicity had feelings for him, the idea of it really bothers me and I don't want her having feelings for any other man but me, I want to be her sole lover. "Drik...Drik! Stop growling at me will you, I've been talking to you and you're ignoring me. I'm trying to tell you that I've told her. I spoke to the doctor and he suggested we tell her pretty much everything that's happened so far. I'm sorry but she still doesn't remember you but she is slowing beginning to remember more and more. The doctor says she's just lost a bit of her memory from the trauma she suffered when she was younger- says it's because her body and mind has now recognized it's safe and it's sort of shutdown for a time. He concludes it may also be the knock to the head she took when she fainted after she killed her father. We've told her everything but left some details out, we don't want to trigger everything at once but her brain should slowly remember it all on its own. You should come back with me, even if you don't see her, your closeness will help her feel better and will help keep you calm."

I know what he is saying is true so I solemnly nod my head and shift into my wolf again to follow him back to the pack house. Life for me is never going to be easy is it? This is the life I've been delt and now I just have to keep pushing through till the end, happiness has to be somewhere down the road for us, I just have to keep moving towards it. With a mate named Felicity there has to be happiness for us some day.

_______________________________________

Wow this chapter started out so much smaller and while I started reading it over it just got longer and longer. I hope you like it! I hope it explains a little bit of what's going with Felicity.

-Viorra