Chapter 26

This chapter is for @tink32789 !!! They wrote me a lovely message and requested I update soon. Enjoy!

Felicity's POV.

The past few days have been a little stressful for me, Warren and I have been arguing a lot. I decided to talk to him about seeing Lana and it caused multiple arguments between us but not the way you would think. The night I had walked out of the pack house after finding out how badly Lana was doing, I took the whole night deciding on whether or not I would encourage him to go see her. In the end I realized it was best he saw her, she is his mate and she needs him, even if he chooses to come back to me I want her to get better and if seeing him helps her then I can do that. If anything, maybe seeing each other will give them closure, if not I will not be the one to hold him back from her again. I will handle the repercussions of this decision. I don't want someone to lose themselves because of my own selfishness, especially someone who helped me when I couldn't help myself.

Well, when I told Warren he should go see her he lost his marbles, he started yelling and shouting saying why should he go see her when he has me now; why would I be okay with this or want this? I didn't tell him the whole truth of my guilt but only mentioned that maybe both of them needed closure and that if he wanted us to work he had to at least speak with her about it. Although she's already been rejected,since she hasn't accepted his rejection it would be painful for her, she would feel every sensual touch shared between us, not just the sex would be excruciating for her to feel but even him kissing me would be painful if there he was lust in his heart as he did it. He was completely reluctant and fought me tooth and nail for three day until finally when I mentioned she probably feels the pain of us sleeping together I watched him slump as if I had popped a balloon, and he told me I was right. He had forgotten all about that. Alpha Irvon obviously hadn't known that was the most likely reason she had locked herself away from everyone; the pain would have been unbearable for her, how could they have not heard she screaming and crying from the pain? Was she covering up the pain of Warren and I together from everyone in her pack? If she is, then she is much stronger than I thought for having lasted this long.

In the end my argument won and he decided he will go see her in a few days. He said he wanted some time to really think about it before he saw her, I could tell he was still reluctant and was just trying to avoid the visit for as long as possible. I was going to push it a little more but I didn't want to put him against me and shove him in the direction that would hurt them both, they needed this.

Finally after a few days passed he decided to go see her, he planned to see her today after our classes finished for the day. He asked me to go with him this afternoon but I told him no and that I had a 'few things I needed to do', which was totally bogus but he didn't need to know that.

At the moment I was at the pack house in the kitchen making myself some food, awaiting his return while he was out visiting her; I wonder what he will decide. Maybe seeing Lana will make him realize he needs to be with her, I have finally come to terms with that. Neither of them deserve to be separated from their soulmate just because of my selfishness. I know he wanted me to steal away Warren but I'm tired of being his puppet and the reason for why two people who are meant to be together are not. I know he will be angry and there is the possibility I will get the worst punishment of my life but I can't do this anymore. Maybe dying will be better than being stuck on this earth forever with my tormentor, it's not like a have a mate- as he has told me countless times, so no one will even miss me.

It has been five hours since Warren left to visit Lana, I wonder how everything is going between them. As I finally finish making my food and am about to sit down to eat, I hear a lot of commotion outside the kitchen and poke my head out the door to see people running or moving quickly to the front of the house. My curiosity is peaked and I decide to investigate. As I get closer to the front door people begin to part a pathway from me and by the looks in their eyes as they are nervous. I step out onto the porch and my eyes shift to the objects of everyone's interest.

I look to see Warren's car, he is opening the passenger door and reaches his hand inside to assist the person as they get out of the car. From here I can see he has a huge smile on his face. They both turn to face the front of the house and both of their eyes land on me- his smile falls. I can feel the Alpha and Luna behind me and can sense them shifting from foot to foot, they're worried I will make a skeptical of myself again.

I silently move towards Warren and Lana without any emotion evident on my face. Everyone around the house makes way from me to pass through. I stop a few feet away from them and stare at Lana for a few minutes, not allowing any idea of how I am feeling show. Lana keeps her gaze on Warren with a sheen of nervousness glistening in her eyes, Warren opens his mouth to speak "Licy, let me expla-" I raise my hand to shut him up. Before anyone can move or stop me I quickly move forward and wrap my arms around Lana in a tight hug. I hold onto her for a few more minutes- she stands stiffly in my arms in shock not knowing what to do. "Wha-" Lana starts saying but doesn't finish as she is still frozen in shock, I lean back and losen my arms from around her and smile hugely at her. No one in the entire pack moves or makes a sounds, the whole front grounds are completely silent as everyone stands there confused and amazed at what just happened, I grab Lana's hand with my own "I'm sorry for all the pain we put you through Lana. You have been more kind to me then anyone ever has, it took me some time but I have realized I will no longer stand between the two of you. It is time you were with your destined mate- as you were always meant to be." I single tear slides down her cheek and I wipe it away, within seconds I am pounced on and wrapped in her tight embrace, "Thank you" she whispers in my ear.

She pulls back and grabs onto Warren's hand again, with Lana's hug everyone unfreezes from their immobile stance and begin shuffling around to prepare for the celebration of their future Luna returning. Warren and Lana walk towards the house, I don't move as they walk away from me. I begin to walk towards my home when I hear her voice behind me "Aren't you coming Licy? I want you to be with me." I turn around and now it's my turn to look shocked. She wants me to come with her? "Come on! Let's go!" She reaches her hand out to me and her eyes beckon me to stay with her. My eyes drift to where the Alpha and Luna stand with the Beta couple and I see him standing just behind them.

When my eyes connect with his, fear shakes my body. His face doesn't show anything of what he's feeling but his eyes say everything I need to know. I am finished and no one can protect me from his malicious intent. He has plans for me and there will be no escape.

I push those thought away and follow after Lana, as I approach her she smiles and moves forward grabbing my hand. Now I just have to this last as long as possible.

_______________________________________

What does everyone think?!!

I honestly did not intend for it to turn out this way this soon! I had plans for how the next chapter will be and knew it was going to be soon but not this quickly!

I started off not liking this chapter at first but now I think it's pretty good! I hope you like it!!!

I almost forgot! If you want a good read I recommend The Mate Trade by tink32798 !! It's really good!

-Viorra