Chapter 35

Just had my last exam of my college program today!!! I seriously hope it went well! Two more days and I'm out! I'll be free!

Felicity's POV.

I hold myself together for as long as possible, the whole pack stands around me and I can feel their shock at what just happened, but as I look at them I see their expressions change from shock into ones of disgust. Some of the pack members closest to me step forward and spit on me with revulsion, still I do nothing, I just stay on the ground, I deserve this. Everything my father ever said to me was true, no one could ever love me, no one ever took the time to care. I feel myself slowly fade into darkness as the pain my wolf Ana is put through racks my body, the type of rejection I just got was nothing short of horrible and humiliating. I attempt to clear my mind of the rejection and let myself fall into a dark abyss, hoping to never open my eyes again to this world.

*****

I begin to awake from my sleep but do give any outward expression I am conscious, I feel remnants of pain from my rejection as it spreads through my body; I can tell I am resting on something soft as I fiddle with the fabric between my fingertips. I feel someone holding my hand and my heart breaks as I realize I'm not feeling any sparks, this hand belongs to someone small, their hand feels too delicate as it holds onto mine. I slowly open my eyes and the pain in my body starts to fade, the longer I'm awake I can feel it recede into a dull ache "Oh Licy, you're finally awake. You had me really worried there, you're heart beat was so slow I thought you were never going to wake up again."

I push myself up against the headboard, as I look around I realize I'm in Warren and Lana's room, "I'm fine. You really don't need to worry about me. To tell you the truth I never wanted a mate anyway, they cause too much problems and I don't want to give up the life I have now."

Abruptly Lana stands up and her next words are spoken harshly, "shut up Felicity! I know there is something going on, I don't know how bad it is but I do know it is bad," she points her index finger at my nose "I don't care if you don't want to tell me- I am giving you no choice, I am forcing you to tell me everything right now! So start talking!" I had doubted if Lana could ever be the Luna our pack needs but now all those are gone as she uses her Luna voice on me. I try to fight the urge against following her command for as long as possible...she's not even a part of this pack yet but since she's been accepted by Warren as his mate her wolf is already building her position as this packs rightful Luna.

I begin through clenched teeth "Fine but don't say I didn't warn you because my story is not a pretty one." I look at her and her face is drawn in concentration so I begin my story "when I was just a little girl, I had a mother who was for some time the only one who raised me. I know you've never seen her and there is a reason for that. My father, this pack's current head warrior- from what I was told by my mother and the little I can remember- loved me very much when I was still a small girl...but as I got older I noticed he started to change and after some time he stopped being affectionate to me. At first I didn't notice too much of a difference but as time went on he just started ignoring me. Slowly I began to realize that there was something seriously wrong with him and I grew building this unnatural fear of him whenever he was around, and not once did my mother notice."

I take a deep breath and look at her, Lana is still slightly confused but I can tell she is absorbing everything I'm saying. She looks as though she's working really hard, slowly putting the missing puzzle pieces together, "I loved my mother very much, she taught me her love of music and would always allow me to sit with her as she played the piano...she was amazing. I've never heard anyone play like her since. Well one night my mother and father got into a fight, I remember my mother saying she was tired of his careless behaviour and she told him she was no longer blind to the insanity that was slowly consuming him. The night they faught, it was because she tried to leave him and take me with her.

It was the first time I'd ever heard him fight for me, my mother always told me he loved me but I never believed her. Now I realize she was wrong, he has never loved me but everything he did was because he tried to will his control over her and me.

I remember hearing the sounds of her screams from where I stood at the top of the stairs, dressed in my purple night gown. The only reason I was up was because I heard their arguing and my mother had forgotten to kiss me goodnight. I remember crying as she screamed and wailed- at the time I didn't know what was happening but now I know he was beating her. As I stood there crying at the top of the stairs, her screams stopped and I heard the sound of something heavy being dragged along the ground.

I watched as my father dragged my mother across the floor, blood pouring and spilling out of her body from every wound he placed on her, leaving smear marks left along the floor. He took her outside and buried her out there, he lied to everyone in the pack saying she cheated on him with another man and she left me behind with him, everyone treated him with sympathy telling him 'how sorry they were for him', 'how strong he must be for having the heart to raise his child on his own', how 'if he ever needed help they were there for him'. He was not strong or brave or needed sympathy! He was a murderer and everyone let him get away with it!

When he came back in the house after he put my beloved mother in the ground, he called me down stairs and at a time I should have been in bed he had me clean my own mother's blood from the floor! And if I didn't clean it well enough or he just had the urge to treat me cruelly...he made me clean a spot again and again until he was happy with my work.

Everyone made him into some sort of hero but ever since that day he has been the devil to me. Ever since that day I have been living in my own personal form of hell!" I look at Lana to see tears running down her face, I don't want pity I want revenge! "You can cry for me but if you think that's the worst he's ever done you are sadly mistaken. If you really want to hear it...I am finally ready to tell someone everything." I look at her with a steady gaze and a strong voice, waiting for her nod and when I receive it I continue with the rest of my life's story.

_______________________________________

Well my lovelies, that is a hefty chapter! What do you all think? I know I only gave you a glimpse of this earlier but now knowing everything about that particular situation in her life tell me your thoughts!

Stick around because there is still clearly more to tell!

-Viorra

P.s. Honestly I have no idea how I came up with this!