Chapter 59

Felicity's POV.

I pace back and forth in my room alone, Kendrick just left and I can still feel the flush in my cheeks. I finally did it! I am finally able to touch my mate. I am so proud of myself for pushing through my fear and making all my hopes come true. It wasn't easy and I was so scared but I knew it was now or never. I felt so good waking up this morning, I felt stronger. As I was inching my hand closer to touch him I could hear the words of Kendrick, Lana, Warren and Dan in my head, encouraging and telling me I could do it. They have been so supportive of me and I couldn't have hoped for a better group of friends.

That's what I have, that's what we are: friends. This warmth builds in my chest and tears spring to my eyes, I haven't had friends in a very long time. Growing up it was always too dangerous and too risky for me to have friends with my father around, I couldn't let anyone get hurt again. No, never again. Now, I have no reason to fear anymore, he can't hurt me. I press the heals of my hands to my face, trying to stop the flow of tears from falling. I remember the last friend I had, poor Adrian. To think the last friend I had was when I was just a young girl and my father killed him. He was a sick, twisted man! He didn't care about anyone but himself.

These thoughts then remind me of my mother, the woman I loved so much, and he took her from me. He put the blame for her death on me but it was all him, I never have and ever will blame myself for that, it is the one thing I know was never my fault. Mother would be so happy for me right now, that I have friends and I have found my mate. She was always my biggest cheerleader. I'm so happy I learned how to play piano and used it to keep my memory of her alive.

Oh my gosh! I just realized, I haven't played the piano in months, at least that's how it feels. It's just that, with everything that's happened I haven't been able to go to school, Mr. Vanderhuff must be so worried as to where I am. I have never missed so many classes, I need to let him know.

That's it, I need to get my life back on track, I'm almost done school and the recital is almost here...oh no! The recital! I completely forgot about it. Thankfully Warren brought me my phone from m- no, the house, so I have it back with me. I quickly run to the side table by the bed and grab my phone to check the date. It's next week! I've barely had time to practice. I think on my progress, I'm more comfortable with myself and my surroundings, I need to get back to school. I just have to be careful with other people around me, maybe I can talk to Warren about it later. I stop and smile to myself, Kendrick can finally hear me play, I can't even remember if I ever mentioned it to him. The first time I saw him there was one music piece that came to my mind as my eyes connected with his. I've played it many times before so I only need to practice a few times before the recital.

My Kendrick. I lift my fingers to my lips and rub them softly against them. I smile at the thought of almost having kissed him after I finally touched him. I never thought being so close and touching him would have such an impact on me. I want kiss him so much but I know I'm not ready for it. Looking down at him as his eyes gazed up at me I could see the desire he felt, and of course the second he noticed how nervous I was, he backed away. Although I was slightly disappointed, I am thankful he stopped whatever was growing so quickly between us. I'm not sure how I would have handled it. We can take baby steps from here on out, now that we've held hands I want to do it again. I'll be patient with myself and slowly embrace the feeling of skin on skin contact I want it so badly with Kendrick. I sit down on my bed and try to relax but with each thought that flickers through my mind I get even more tense.

He told me he loved me, I almost missed it. I can't believe after all that's happened he loves me. I felt like I was floating up in the sky, heck I still do, and I don't not know when I'm going to flutter back down. I don't know when it started to happen but something in me started growing too. The sweet emotions I feel for him, how I like him more than I ever thought was possible, everything is starting to change.