Who's the Father?

Disclaimer: I have edited this book and re uploaded the edited chapters. I changed some things, one of them being Jorden can talk because Ben gave him an antidote. Please re read them, some future things will make more sense and it is better written. (But if you don't that's ok it was mostly technical things)

Timeline:

Dani lived at the packhouse for about one month before fleeing to France

Dani spends about four months alone in France before Cole shows up

Cole and Dani spend about two months just the two of them bonding in France

They return home and the rest of the story takes place in a span of about four months

Dani and Jorden were kidnapped for 7-8 days

Jorden was in recovery for about 5-6 day

Meaning they have known each other for about eleven total months.

"Thanks Ben." Cole nods at the doctor before turning to help Jorden up. Watching Jorden and Cole fall apart these past few days at due to the death of who they both consider parents only solidifies my choice to not tell him. Not after all of the agony he has already faced from the death of his grandparents. He has lost enough recently; I refuse to crush him even more.

The boys turn to look at me with matching goofy grins, puling me out of my thoughts. "Come on Dani." Cole urges. "Smile, the wolfsbane is all out of Jorden's system. He is on the fast track to recovery." I cannot not smile at his excited face. Sure enough the friendly voice I have missed floats through the air. "I'm so glad to be communicating again. I missed making fun of your ass." Cole scoffs letting me know the message is directed at him. I just roll my eyes at the pair before leading the way out of the hospital. Cole breaks the silence a few meters away from Grandad's old car that he borrowed to bring Jorden home; all of us wouldn't have fit in his truck.

"Before you even ask Dani is sitting in the front" Cole chides while glaring playfully at his best friend. Jorden pouts playfully, but willingly slips into the back seat.

"Hop in love." Cole smiles; pecking my lips lightly before opening up the passenger side door. "Thank you." I smile back at the love of my life before slipping into the car. Jorden gags from the back seat causing me to roll my eyes for the second time in ten minutes. "You just wait Jorden." Cole calls from outside the car. It is good to see the pair bicker and tease, it shines some light and happiness in the dark sorrow we have all been feeling.

Cole pulls into the underground parking garage after what has been a ride that has both me and Cole regretting that fact that Jorden can now talk. However, all fun and games is ended the minute Cole opens his mouth to speak. "The pyres will be lit today." He begins as he puts the car in park. "As next of kin I will be lighting Grandad's. Some of my family from Italy has traveled in to light Nona's." I lock eyes with Jorden in the rear view mirror; Cole is slipping into cold Alpha mode again.

"Alpha," Alec calls, walking towards the car as we all get out. "Everthing is set up and prepared for the ceremony. Your family has been contacted but you should contact the Alpha King. Let him know a past Alpha has passed on." Cole's hand clenches in mine. "I don't need you to tell me how to do my job!" He roars causing Alec to take a step back in shock, "Sorry Alpha." He responds while lowering his eyes slightly. I once again lock eyes with Jorden who is standing on the other side of me. It's how he expresses his grief... Jorden's voice floats through my head. On his birthday nonetheless. I stop walking causing Cole to stop walking.

"What's wrong?" He asks, his voice softening. "You're 24!" I smile and then frown. "Why didn't you tell me your birthday is today?" Cole turns and glares at Jorden who just shrugs sheepishly. "The same reason why you didn't tell me you'll be 18 in three days." I flinch back, caught off guard by his response. "It's not a happy memory." He finishes in a much softer tone. He's not wrong, Mama died on my birthday and Nona and Grandad's ceremony is on his. I don't comment and we continue walking.

Cole's eyes briefly flick towards the window facing the woods once we step inside the house. He clears his throat, "I'll be in the office. I have some work to do." He leans in and lightly kisses me. He turns to Jorden and nods before jogging up the stairs.

Before I can breathe I am attacked by a blonde haired frenzy. "Dani! I was so worried, are you and the baby ok?" Rowan. I gulp before saying the only thing I can think of that will keep her quiet. "I was never pregnant." I whisper while locking eyes with Jorden over her shoulder. Rowan gasps. "Oh Goddess I am so sorry, I thought for sure you would be." I shake my head, "It is ok Rowan." I say despite the crushing weight that is pulling at my heart. "How did Axl react?" She winks, "I got good sex that night." I blush and move away, "I don't want to know that." Rowan laughs before blowing a kiss, "I'm actually off to the hospital. I have baby's first appointment in twenty minutes." "Good luck." I smile genuinely happy for her and Axl.

I turn to look at Jorden once Rowan leaves but am shocked when I realize he has already locked eyes with a dark haired, dark skinned, Italian beauty on the other side of the room. "Angelica," He whispers breathily in what can only be known as shock. The moment the word slips his lips he is fast walking over toward the mysterious Angelica.

I smoothly position myself in a way where I can hear and see how this plays out without either of them noticing me. Call me a snoop... but wouldn't you be too? The goofy brunette who you have grown to love as your best friend who rumors say is mateless is showing interest in a girl you have never heard of. My inner Nancy Drew is taking over.

"Angelica." Jorden smiles taking her hand and raising it to his lips. "Jorden." Her eyes widen in shock before darting around the room as if she is looking for something. "I didn't know when I would get to see you again." He slowly releases her hand but his smile remains. "How long has it been," He continues, "Shortly under three years?" "Yeah." Her voice shakes slightly.

"I missed you." Jorden brings his hand up to cup her cheek tenderly. She closes her eyes in bliss and subconsciously moves closer to Jorden.

Just as Jorden leans in to a kiss her, the moment is ruined. "Mommy!" A little boy squeals running into the room. Jorden jumps back in shock as the child grips Angelica's skirt. She picks him up, glancing briefly at Jorden to see his reaction.

"Dino, zucchero, what do you need?" "Mommy!" The little boy shouts again, "I met a monster!" Angelica's eyebrows furrow. Alec steps out from behind the wall. "I believe he means me. I can come off as scary." I snort causing everyone's eyes to shift to my hiding spot. Damn it Dani; I bet Nancy Drew wouldn't snort on the job.

I sheepishly step out from my hiding place and wave. "The current Luna," Alec introduces me to Angelica. He turns to me gesturing towards Angelica, "She is a part of the group that came here as the past Luna's relatives."

"How old are you buddy?" Jorden hasn't looked away from the little boy, Dino, once since he entered. "I'm two!" He smiles proudly. Jorden's eyes widen and he quickly looks up to lock eyes with Angelica once again. "Does he have a Father?" She pulls the boy closer to her side, "Not in the picture." "Angelica..." Jorden starts warily, "Is he mine?" Tears slowly roll down her cheeks as she shakes her head from side to side. Jorden clenches his fist. Woah wait... Jorden isn't a virgin? Isn't that like against werewolf code? "Then whose is he?" Jorden's voice comes out hard, mixed with a growl. He is the maddest now than I've ever seen him. Jorden is the laid back funny one, not the tense mean one; that's Cole's.

Angelica's eyes flicker over to look at the stoic man standing off to the side then quickly back again to look at Jorden. It was fast, but we all caught it. Alec. Alec is the child's father. 

Damn. The love of Jorden's life had a kid with Alec at the same time she was intimate with Jorden.

Question of the day: What do you think of Alec now?

FOLLOW

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT