Alec's Secret

"Maybe love is the distraction of the inevitability of death,

If it is,

Then I love being distracted."

-Joel Ellis

Our peaceful moment is ruined by Jorden bursting through the door of the office. Cole growls obviously annoyed that his best friend ruined this beautiful moment.

"What is so important Fly?" Cole asks exasperated when Jorden sits down in a chair after pulling it up right next to the couch. "You two look happy this morning." Jorden cheerfully smiles. Cole scowls. I roll my eyes at the pair before sitting up, pulling the throw blanket around my body, shielding my night time attire of a tanktop from Jorden. Cole grumbles under his breath at the loss of me from his arms. He sits up too running his hands over his face.

"Did you two sleep in here?" Jorden asks curiously. "I didn't sleep." Cole admits. Jorden stands up and walks to the bookshelf eyes scanning the titles. "What are you looking for Jorden?" Cole asks standing up as well. "Nothing in particular," The brunette answers. "Stop stalling Fly, spit it out." Cole glares at his friend, obviously knowing that he is hiding something. Jorden flinches slightly. "You will never believe what I saw." Cole sighs deeply. "What are you doing? Sharing high school gossip?" Jorden shakes his head. "No seriously Cole, you'll never believe what I saw." Cole does a motion as if saying to continue your story. Jorden wastes no time in sharing his interesting discovery.

"Last night after we went our separate ways, I was making my way down the stairs towards my floor, right. Alec seemed antsy, and it wasn't normal. I followed him down the stairs, claiming I was heading to the kitchen. You know the Gamma and the Gamma family share a floor, floor five. Well, Alec kept going until floor four. I was more than suspicious by this point. I hid behind a column and watched. Dude, Alec knocked on Parker's apartment door and when Parker answered it Alec started kissing him!" "Did you know Alec and Parker were gay? Or that they were even together? I sure as hell didn't!"

Cole furrows his eyebrows. "You sure they kissed and your dumbass isn't making this up?" Jorden scoffs, "Would I make this up?" Cole sends him the look. "Ok yeah I get it, but no, seriously, this is not fake." "Why are they hiding it?" Cole questions, "We aren't homophobic." Jorden adds, "I have no idea why."

"Maybe it's because Alec thinks you will take his position away." I pipe up. Cole swivels his head to look at me. "Why would he think that?" Cole asks shocked at the idea of taking Alec's position away. "Because he has a top position and his mate can't produce an heir. Or if Parker isn't his mate, he doesn't want to be shunned for being one of the only werewolves who didn't wait." I conclude. "That's a very valid point Dani." Cole nods in my direction.

Cole sits back down on the couch next to me, head bent, elbows on knees running his hands through his soft honey locks. "We should have been nicer to him growing up Jorden." Jorden takes a seat on the abandoned chair. "We were kids Cole, every kid pranks and teases other children. It's not like we were bullying him." Cole growls, "We locked him in a fucking closet." "Yeah and Alec put green hair dye in my shampoo." Cole chuckles, "Yeah you are right." Jorden rolls his eyes, "Of course I am." Cole laughs and I smile at the moment shared between the two.

"What now?" I ask. "You have to bring it up in conversation without making it seem like you are attacking the pair." Jorden leans over and whispers something in Cole's ear. Cole nods before settling his gaze on me. "Oh no," I mutter. "Oh yes." Jorden nods. I turn to Cole, a scowl evident on my face. "You're the Alpha, you do it." My features scrunch up as I participate in the friendly quarrel. "You're the Luna," Cole counters, "Plus, you're female and less scary then me. Alec might be more willing to open up to you than me." I sigh, "Fine." "But I'm taking this blanket with me." Jorden snickers as I get up and head back to the Alpha suite, blanket wrapped securely around my body.