"Meeting" Mr. Richards

"Jorden!" Cole shouts the minute we walk through the door of the pack house. Many pack members look our way but quickly avert their attention. They all know if the information is meant for their ears the Alpha couple will share.

"Jorden!" Cole shouts again impatiently. "Damn man," Jorden winces while walking down the stairs, "Use the fucking link." Cole growls and grabs his best friend's arm, pulling him up the stairs behind us.

"You know," Jorden starts while smirking in my direction, "You growl too much, you should be happier." Before Cole can growl once again in response Jorden pokes him in the cheek. Cole's horrified expression makes me laugh. Cole stops glaring at Jorden when he hears my laugh. "I'm glad you find this amusing Dani." Cole shakes his head at Jorden, but can't keep the smile off his face. "Why do I spend time with you?" He playfully asks the brunette. "Because you love me." Jorden exaggerates. Cole shoves him forward but doesn't deny the statement, "Just get in the damn office." Jorden just laughs and leads us into the office.

"What did you learn from talking to Nathan?" Jorden asks while taking a seat on the couch. Cole sits in his office chair and I sit on the edge of the desk before Cole answers the question. "He is Dani's brother." Cole starts.

"Give me the details." Jorden leans further into the couch.

I nod before launching into a retell of everything that we had just learned back in the cells. "...And that leads me into the thought that he doesn't like our Father." I explain. Jorden scoffs, "Well he failed at parenting; both his kids hate him." Cole starts to growl but stops himself by taking a deep breath. He wraps his arms around me pulling me off of the desk and onto his lap. "We both know Dani has a good reason Jorden." The room is silent for a while more before Cole breaks it. "As much as I hate to say it, Nathan might hate his Father, but he is loyal to the hunters."

"Do you think he will help us take down Dani's Father then?" Jorden questions. Cole shakes his head, "He might." "But it would end with him stabbing us in the back the moment he becomes the rightful leader." Jorden nods. "You're right man."

We all sit in silence once again until this time Jorden breaks it. "Cole we need help." His words hold another meaning that I don't pick up on. Whatever Jorden is implying, I can tell Cole doesn't like from the way he tenses behind me. "That's what Grandad is here for." Cole finally argues. I don't understand what they are talking about, but I dare not get involved.

"We need his help Cole. Do you know anyone who hates hunters more?" "You might hate him, hell we all do. But he is ruthless and he will do a good job in teaching this pack how to fight and defeat the hunters. We are at war Cole, think of what is best for the pack." Cole sighs in defeat. "Grandad is on his way."

"What's up?" Grandad asks, taking a few steps into the office while closing the door behind him. Cole retells the information we gained down in the cells to yet another person. Grandad is quiet throughout the whole meeting. "So we have come to a conclusion." Jorden exclaims the moment Cole closes his mouth. He looks at Cole harshly, daring him to object. Cole hangs his head in defeat, "We need my father's help." Grandad stands up fast, surprised at the words his grandson had just spoken. "Are you sure boy?" Cole only nods. "You go announce it to the pack, I'll get ahold of your Father. Hope to the Goddess you aren't making the wrong choice." Grandad instructs before leaving the room, presumably to get in contact with Cole's father.

We all lock eyes with each other as the weight of the decision begins to settle down on us. "I think I'm going to go take shots." Jorden concludes before leaving. I sight before turning around so I am straddling Cole. "Better to ask him for help than the Royals." I quote to him. He just sends me a look. "I have either brought my own doom or victory upon us." I gather him close in my embrace. "I'm here Cole. Sometimes we have to make hard decisions but no matter what we do, we do it together." Cole smiles and hugs me harder. "Come on Luna lets go talk to our pack."

Pack meeting now, echoes throughout my and everyone else's mind. Cole grabs my hand and we walk towards the clearing hand in hand, together.

Cole leads me up onto the wooded platform that overlooks the clearing. "My Father is coming home to help train us to defeat the hunters." Cole announces. Up roars and protests immediately float throughout the clearing. Cole holds up his hand, effectively silencing the pack. "I am your Alpha and I would not have made a decision that put you all in harm. My father is no longer in charge here; he cannot control you. You all still listen to me unless I have given him permission to lead an event. If there are problems come to me or my Grandad and we will handle it." The pack settles down at his words but it is clear that they remain tense.

Three Days Later

"Cole." I nudge him. "Cole." He just groans and rolls over snuggling his pillow. I shake my head and silently laugh. "Cole you have to get up, your father is coming today." He doesn't even shift. I sigh softly and glance at the clock. I had woken up an hour ago and had already gotten ready for the day.

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves before making my way onto the bed and towards Cole. I can't believe I'm doing this. But Rowan says it always works. I wouldn't know, I haven't tried it yet.

I crawl onto the bed and straddle Cole's waist. I start to trail kisses down Cole's jaw. It isn't long before he starts to twitch and move underneath me. A moment later and I am staring into the beautiful honey brown eyes that I love.

What I wasn't expecting when I began this was for it to morph into a full blown make out session. However, I am not the least bit upset that it did.

"Get up love birds!" Jorden pounds on the door causing us to pull apart. "Your father is parking his car." Cole kisses my swollen lips one last time before getting up out of bed and walking towards the closet. "Best morning of my life." He concludes. I smile and head towards the door once I redress myself. "I'll see you downstairs once you get ready."

I stand next to Grandad by the front door, nervously awaiting the arrival of the man I have heard so many nightmarish stories about. I can tell by his tense body language that he as well is nervous for his son's return. From what I could gather, most of the pack is. It was explained to me that when a wolf loses their mate, they go crazy disabling the human from having a single moral thought or judgement. To prevent this from happening, it is considered honorable to commit suicide when your mate passes on. However, Cole's father did not follow his mate to the Goddess' holy realm. Therefore becoming a shell of the man he used to be. One who is ruthless, cold-bloodied, murderous, and in every way a true psychopath.

I didn't know that Cole had joined us until I felt him wrap his arms around my slender waist. I lean back into his chest, loving his touch and how it calms some of my fluttering nerves. "I hear him coming." Cole tenses.

The door opens revealing a tall man who is oozing confidence. In every way he truly embodies the darkness that surrounds him.

I fall limp in Cole's arms. An image of a man on the ground lying in a pool of his own blood dances through my mind. A man that was dead; dead because I shot him. The death that made Father flee. The death that prompted me to go to the diner and move in with Cole and his family. The death that changed my life, changed my life for the better. And finally, the death that started my journey with Cole. The man, Cole's Father, who isn't actually dead... 

What just happened? Remember the man from chapter three Harsh Reality who Dani "killed" yep he is Cole's Father and he is not dead. 

Question of the day: What's your favorite season?

FOLLOW

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT