The Castle

I squeeze Cole's hand tighter as we approach the castle. Just because I am as normal as expected around Cole, does not mean I am good with crowds. That is something I don't think I will ever be quite comfortable with.

"Cole, how do the humans not notice this castle?" Cole smiles "Private property Dani." "That doesn't stop everyone." I argue. Cole just sends me a sly grin. "Yeah, maybe your right, but a wolf would." My mouth flies open. "Cole! You scare the people away!" "How do you know they won't go tell someone?" Cole rolls his eyes, "Think Dani if you went and told everyone you saw a giant wolf they won't care much, wolves are real animals; or so everyone thinks." "What if they see you shift?" Cole sighs, "Well one that would never happen, us wolves are careful about things like that. Also, if you went telling people you saw a wolf turn into a human, people aren't going to listen to you, they'll think you're crazy."

The conversation is finished when we pull up to the castle.

"For your safety Dani, please stay by my side." His eyes begin to harden and the happiness and love that is typically present on his face when I am around disappears. He is morphing into Alpha Cole. The most ruthless Alpha in the states. The one who enemies fear, the one who disappears when I am with him. Me, his love, his Luna, his soulmate, am one of the few who know the true Colton Jameson Richards.

I don't have to respond. I just reach for Cole's hand to hold in my own.

Cole drives up to the gate and rolls down his window. The guard bows, "Your Grace." Cole nods and rolls back up his window. He is tense the rest of the drive towards the castle. I squeeze his hand, "Why are you upset?" Cole sighs. "I don't see eye to eye with the royal wolves. I was raised differently." He left it at that but continues to hold on tightly to my hand as if I am his life source.

When we park the car there is people waiting for us. Cole turns the car off and someone opens up the car door for him. He takes a deep breath before coming to my side and opening the door for me. He gives me a reassuring smile before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the car. "Ready for a once in a lifetime experience?" Cole asks briefly smiling. "I guess so." I hum. Cole kisses my cheek before pulling me towards the men who have come to greet us.

"Your Grace," the man speaks, "Your visit is unanticipated, and I apologize in advance." "It is all good, lead me to my cousin." The man nods and starts to walk away. I can tell Cole is unsettled about something. I try not to show that his uneasiness is scaring me. I haven't met anyone other than Momma and Father before I met Cole and the others. Even though the decorations in the castle are far from bland, new places and new people do in fact still scare me.

Right before we walk into the throne room Cole puts his hands on my shoulders and turns himself so I am looking him in the eyes. "Don't leave my side Dani, for any reason. Don't listen to a thing my cousin tells you. Most importantly, never be alone with him, and I mean never." I'm sure fear shines in my eyes. Cole is really scaring me. Cole notices this too and pulls me into a hug. "Everything is going to be fine Dani, I am just warning you in case something happens." "What would happen?" I ask my voice shaky. Cole turns his head with a guarded look on his face. "Let's just say like Mother like Son." It doesn't take long for me to put two and two together and figure out what he means. I smile and bump Cole's hip with my own. "Stuck like glue." I reassure. Cole smiles and kisses my lips briefly. "Here we go." He whispers, squeezing my hand and opening up the door revealing his cousin. 

I have to admit, the man on the throne is not a sight for sore eyes. He is quite attractive actually and probably has many women just dying to bed him. According to Cole, and against the werewolf ways, that is exactly what he does.