Torture and Death

I wake up in a dark space with an ear splitting headache. I sit up in panic when I feel my head laying in someone's lap. "Shh Dani," the voice coos, "It's just me." I lay back down in ease when I recognize the voice. "Jorden," I breathe a sigh of relief. "What happened?" He growls in response to my question, "Dalton let Nathan loose from the cells and they worked together to turn you into the hunters. He claimed he was protecting his race." "I'm sorry you got involved in this." I whisper feeling guilty. If it wasn't for me Jorden wouldn't have gotten captured as well. He only scoffs in response. "Dani you are my best friend's girl and carrying his child, I'm glad I'm here. This way I can protect you."

A door opens and footsteps can be heard approaching us. "Don't tell them you are pregnant." Jorden whispers in my ear before sitting me up and shifting so he is in front of me.

"They're awake." A man shouts stopping right in front of our cell. A light flips on and more people come into view. "Disgusting dogs," One woman spits into the cell at us. The salvia hits Jorden's cheek and steadily rolls down his face. "She's human." He states while squeezing my arm in hope that they won't hurt me.

"Actually, Daniella has wolf blood running through her veins." Nathan corrects, while coming down the stairs to join the group of hunters. He turns to look at me with green eyes that mirror my own and our fathers before turning to look at the other hunters. "Beat one of them once every two hours for 15 minutes until my Father gets here." Nathan turns towards me once again and we lock eyes. I harden my glare causing him to sigh before he turns away and walks back up the stairs.

"You heard him." The first man says, "Choose one of you." Jorden kisses my temple and stands up, "Me." I try to pull Jorden back down but he doesn't budge. "Stay put." The man gestures to me and opens up the cell, pulling Jorden out." Jorden goes willingly, protecting me and my child.

The hunters secure Jorden to a chair that is sitting directly in front of the cell door. A wall of torture tools are situated behind him and a bucket filled with what I can only assume is wolfsbane is to the left of him.

Tears fall down my face as I watch Jorden get tortured. The hunters are merciless. They inject wolfsbane into his system, which I can only imagine feels like white hot burning acid spreading throughout his blood stream by the sounds of his screams. They cut him with pure silver knifes which causes his skin to steam and sizzle upon contact. They even go as far as too force wolfsbane down his throat. Jorden tries to not utter a sound, but it is too much for even the strongest werewolf to handle. His throat is raw and bubbling from where the wolfsbane has burned his tender flesh. By the end of it all, when he tries to scream, he can't even voice a sound.

I grab him the minute they throw him back into the cell. "Oh Jorden." I cry using my shirt to stop the bleeding on some of his wounds. "I'm so sorry, so sorry." I lay his head in my lap and start to gently rock us back and forth trying to bring us even the littlest bit comfort. I know that wolfsbane is deadly to werewolves and I only hope that we are out of here before I lose Jorden completely.

Two hours later from when they first arrived the group returns. "Who's up?" The man smirks evilly. Jorden uses every ounce of his strength to hoist himself up using the wall. He sways slightly on his feet, but walks towards the cell door nonetheless.

"No!" I call pulling on his arm. Jorden shakes his head and sits me back down on the cell floor. More tears fall as they take Jorden for the second time. He is truly a saint. I know he is in so much pain right now, hell he is slowly dying and yet he does it all willingly so my child and I can remain unharmed.

This time they don't mainly use wolfsbane; they are more interested in their "toys" they call them. They start off by pouring wolfsbane in his previous wounds before they move on to shoving nails and screws into his hands and twisting them. My heart breaks with every tear that falls down Jorden's face.