Luna Ceremony

"Took you two forever!" Jorden hoots from the table that he and Alec sit at. Cole shakes his head and chuckles. "Come on Fly, we were gone three minutes and you've already had a beer?" Jorden takes a swing at Cole making him duck. Cole looks happy and carefree when he's with Jorden. When Cole is happy, I'm happy.

"What do you want Dani?" Cole asks scanning the menu. Jorden speaks up, "Pizza duh." Cole just rolls his eyes and looks at me. "What are you having?" I ask. Cole sets his jaw, "You can choose Dani." My eyes widen, "I don't mind Cole; I will share with you." I insist. Cole takes a deep breath to calm his temper. "Let's just get two large bacon pizzas." Jorden suggests to ease the tension. Cole glares at his friend before finally nodding.

"Ok Dani," Jorden swirls the straw around in his soft drink. "What kind of story do you want to hear?" Furrowing my eyebrows in thought I glance at Cole out of the corner of my eye before answering. "I want to know how you got your nickname." Jorden leans back groaning while the other two at the table burst out laughing.

"I got this." Cole swallows his chuckles as he launches into the story. "When we were, oh I don't know, seven or so Jorden was being obnoxious one afternoon and my Father called him a pest and shooed him out of the room. The next day when we were playing hide and seek Jorden addressed me as Fly thinking it meant the same as pest. The name stuck and in his moment of embarrassment I promised to call him Fly from then on."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Jorden concludes, "My turn." He smirks at his best friend before turning to me.

"The majority of our childhood consisted of me following all of Cole's troublesome decisions." "Bullshit!" Cole calls throwing his napkin at the brunette, "I'd say they were 50-50 on who came up with the dumbass idea."

"Whatever." Jorden mumbles removing the napkin. "This is my story to tell so you keep your pretty little mouth shut and don't you dare make that a sex joke!" Jorden cuts off Cole.

"Anyway, we were around 14 at the time and Cole was just then sprouting into his rebellious stage. My dad had just left and was on his way down to Houston to meet up with my mother. Cole was all pissy because Grandad wouldn't let him sit in on one of the Alpha meetings, so he decided we'd steal the convertible and drive down to Houston. We heard all about the city when we overheard my father and Alec's discussing it." No one else but me notices Alec tense at the mention of his father.

"We spent the whole day planning exactly how our escape would go." Jorden continues with the story. "We waited until nightfall where we snuck downstairs to the underground garage with the keys and unlocked the car. We were bursting with excitement until we saw some of the warriors in the rearview mirror." "This dumbass," Jorden points a finger at Cole accusingly, "Fucking panicked and rammed the vehicle into the damn wall!" "We had to take off running on foot."

"Didn't last long the warriors caught up to us and dragged us up to the Alpha's Family's floor by our ears. Of course, by Grandad's request." "Let's just says bye bye convertible bye bye our backsides." Once we had all settled down from laughing at the memory, Jorden continues with another story.   

"I'll tell a better one." Jorden nudges Alec before smirking evilly. "One time Cole and I tied Alec up in a closet." "We didn't let him out until he was crying like a baby." "Nona made sure to scold our ears off for that one."

  I look up at the clock. It's been 10 minutes since I started eating; time's up. I push the plate away from me. Cole glances down worriedly, "Dani, are you full?" I look down complexed. "I'm done." I state. Cole looks between me and my plate, "You sure you only ate half of one slice." Well yeah, I spent most of my time too engaged in Jorden's tales to eat. "I'm sure." I say instead.

"SHIT!" Jorden yells making me jump and grab onto Cole in fear. Cole scowls, "What!" "The ceremony starts in an hour!" "Shit!" Cole mutters under his breath. He quickly stands up and throws down three twenties all in the process of grabbing my hand and pulling me up. "Come on we're leaving." None of us argue.

Cole sped the whole way home. Honestly I am scared. The fact that he is only driving with one hand because the other is softly drawing circles on my thigh did not help. "Nona's going to kill us." He mutters softly. Jorden shakes his head, "No Nona is going to kills us," He motions to himself, Cole, and, Alec. "Dani will be safe."

The boys couldn't have been more correct with that statement. The minute we step into the house Nona has me pulled behind her and is yelling at Jorden, Cole, and Alec. It takes Grandad to pull her away for her to finally calm down. "Go get Dani ready, we don't have much time." Grandad states as he places a kiss to Nona's temple. The old woman sighs before grabbing my hand. "Come on Dani, this is your big night, I'll make you shine." I blush before sending Cole a quick look over my shoulder. He smiles encouragingly and walks off in the opposite direction.

For a woman of her age, she sure knows fashion. Nona makes sure to pick out a knee length white dress, a sundress she calls it. "I found you a white cardigan to match bambina, now what do you think? Hair up in a bun? Or braid?" I frown, "Can I leave it down? Cole likes it down." I remember back to the day in France when Cole and I had decided to just walk hand and hand through the city. We had stopped at a bridge to look down over the crystal clear water. The wind was abundant that day. I had reached behind me to put my hair up, when Cole grabbed my hand, stopping my motions. "Don't," he whispered, his hot breath fanning across my cool neck. "I prefer it down."

The memory makes me shiver. Nona just smiles and continues on styling my hair. This time, she leaves it down. 

"It's time Dani." Nona grins while grabbing my arm and pulling me too my feet. Carefully leading me down the stairs, she hands me off to Jorden. She then takes Grandad's arm and walks out to the clearing where the rest of the pack awaits.

"You ok? You look nervous." He questions. I take a deep reassuring breath. "I'm fine, just a little antsy." Jorden smiles in understanding and takes my elbow, leading me through the woods to the whole pack; to Cole.

"What's going to happen?" I ask Jorden. He continues to look straight ahead at the path, contemplating an answer. "Cole will be standing on a wooded platform while the rest of the pack below him will be sitting in the grass of the clearing. He will introduce you to the pack and then he'll perform the Luna ceremony."

"We're here." Jorden says nothing else. He leads me towards the love of my life and hands me off. "Hey." Cole whispers, pulling me to his side; making me smile.

"We have gathered here today to welcome this woman into our pack; our family. Everyone meet Dani, my mate and your Luna." The crowd cheers while Cole speaks. He turns to me, his smile never wavering. "Tonight you become their Luna. They will look up to you, come to you for advice, and follow your guidance. Can they trust that you will do this for them?" "Yes, I accept." My voice comes out strong and firm just as I had hoped. Cole grabs my hand. "Your new Luna everybody! Luna Daniella Richards!" The crowd erupts in cheers.

Soon after the crowd's hoots and hollers die down Cole tenses. "What is it?" I ask concerned. But then I hear it. The slow clapping of someone coming out from the woods. "Congratulations." The deep scratchy voice says. "Sorry I had to miss it." Almost instantly Cole pulls me closer and warriors move to surround their Alpha couple. The voice makes me shake. "Father," I whisper.

Question of the day: First thoughts on Alec...?

FOLLOW

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT