Becoming One

Nona stops talking locking eyes with something behind me. Curious I turn around coming face to face with Cole who is leaning against the doorway. The combination of his honey brown eyes, dirty blonde hair, and lazy smirk has my heart a fluttering mess.

"Join me upstairs?" He breaks the silence and holds out his hand to help me up off the couch. Turning back to look at Nona she smiles and nods, encouraging me to accept Cole's outstretched hand.

As if in a trance I reach up and clasp our hands together. Hot sizzling fire burns deep within me upon the contact.

Cole clears his throat before gently pulling me in the direction of the stairs. Silently we make our way up the flights until we reach the top floor; Cole's floor.

I've grown accustom to the house's top floor. If I'm being honest I have spent the majority of my time up here getting to know Cole and sometimes Jorden. But tonight, tonight it feels different.

Like always Cole leads me towards one of the many bookcases that call his floor calls home. "Which one should I read tonight Dani?" The books are the center of the conversation but his gaze never leaves mine.

Swallowing I release myself from his heated gaze to peer at the books. Scanning the collection my eyes linger on the spine of an older novel. Pointing to the intriguing black leather I make my decision known to Cole.

Growling in approval he pulls the book of the shelf before leading me over to his room.

Sitting us both down on the couch, Cole flips the book open to page one and begins reading to me; his deep and melodic voice filling the air surrounding me.

Allowing his words to consume me it isn't long before I am at the mercy of the feelings that erupt deep within me whenever Cole seems to be near.

Closing my eyes I lose myself in the moment. Focusing in on nothing other than his deep harmonic timbre and the comfort of his presence.

Sensing my thoughts the words seize and Cole closes the book, brining my attention back to his movements.

Slowly but surely Cole sets the book down on the small table, all the while never breaking the intense eye contact we are engaging in.

In complete silence Cole and I continue to communicate by looks. Each one of us wearing our heart's on our sleeves and allowing our thoughts to be on display in our eyes.

"Would you like to stay the night?" Cole's voice is deeper than normal resulting in a shiver to overtake my body. Before I even nodded Cole knew my answer.

He knew my answer from the moment we locked eyes in the sitting room downstairs. Every move we have interacted in from that moment until now has spoken towards the answer I just confirmed.

Cole breathes deeply as the situation changes from thoughts to reality. We knew it would happen, but now it really is.

Scooting closer to me on the couch Cole brings his hands up to lightly glide down the length of my hair. The slight touch has me entranced, waiting for more.

I tremble slightly when he halts his movements. Lifting my eyes I once again lose myself in his slightly darker than normal brown orbs. Placing my hand on the side of Cole's face I begin to caress his cheek.

Closing his eyes Cole leans back, allowing my touch to ease him into a relaxed state; both mentally and physically.

After a while of the calming gesture Cole brings his hand up to lay just over mine. Swallowing I close my eyes and allow him to once again take control of the situation.

Before I even feel him move his lips are on mine. Softly at first, as if he is scared to touch me. But then, as the feelings continue to bubble the emotions take over and the moment simmers on; getting faster, more passionate, and intense as we slip into our minds and allow our hearts to stand vulnerable to each other.

Laying me down Cole hovers over me bringing the kiss away from my lips and down to my neck. "I love you Dani." 

My mind is hazy and my body is on an all-time high. I never want this moment to end; and it doesn't.

As the scene on the couch intensifies Cole pulls away and just like earlier he holds out his hand, waiting for me to accept his reach.

With no doubts in my mind I allow the man I have fallen for to lead me towards his bed where for the first time for both of us, we become one. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

In the moment Cole and I connect our souls. No matter what the future brings my way, Cole will be there. Because now we are entwined on level known only to true soulmates.

Question of the day: What is your dream vacation?

FOLLOW

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT