WesXNoah

"Wes, can we talk?" Noah croaked, half of his already thin body hiding behind the door to his boyfriend's office.
The bigger man shot his head into Noah's direction, an admiring glint in his eyes at the much wanted surprise. He was already pulling the headphones from over his ears as he stood up. His coworkers and friends were off shooting a Cell Outs video, and Wes was busy taking care of his off camera duties.
"Of course No," Wes smiled. He opened his arms towards the boy expecting him to crash into his chest like he normally would. Because he's expressed how much he likes Wes' hugs.
Noah stayed at the door, almost scolding himself for wanting to go in and be in the man's embrace. He almost resisted the reason he came here for.
"Wes I'm here to talk, can we be, professional?"
Wes dropped his arms, confused and baffled. "Hugs are unprofessional?"
"I wanted to have a real talk," Noah said. He walked nearer to the other man but he didn't exactly get within arms reach.
"As coworkers?" Wes sat back down in his seat, as Noah sat at a different chair, on the edge.
"As your partner."
"What's going on? Did I do something wrong?"
"It's not exactly something one of us did, it's us... Together," Noah had shifted his gaze and was fumbling with his fingers on his lap. Wes was sat still, nervous and clueless for what Noah wanted to talk about.

"Wes," Noah struggled to say. "I want to break up." Noah closed his eyes and fisted his hands.
The other man's jaw dropped and his eyes were instantly dampen.
"Wait what? Why?" Wes stood up and felt stifled to walk closer because Noah had put up his hand, while his other one wiped some of his own tears. "What happened? I thought we were okay."
"Wes- Everything got finalized today. Remember when I left for a week a while ago? I did an audition in New York and guess who got it?" Noah finally looked at Wes in the eyes, with more sadness than happiness.
"But you won't be gone for very long right?"
"We'll never last Wes, I'm on a leave for a while, I'll be filming like crazy and then I'll be gone and then I'll be back and then I'll film some more," Noah tried to explain. "We won't see each other properly for maybe a year-"
"You're not gonna be gone for a year," Wes said in disbelief.
"I leave next month, but before then I'll be working to account for the time I'll be gone. Remember like how Mari did for survivor? I'll be gone for a few months, then I'm going to take a vacation for a little while and then I'll be back and have to film to catch up with everyone."
"You're not superman No, you're going to overwork yourself-"
"It's not like I'm going to constantly work over in New York, I promise I'll be fine," Noah tried to laugh off the rest of his tears but Wes wasn't having it. His expression was austere.
"Noah, our relationship will be fine, I can take some time off to see you over there-"
"Wes, maybe we can try again when I get back, but not only am I breaking up because of long distance... I just want a break," Noah confessed.
Wes closed his mouth and went quiet.  In a few minutes he nodded.

"I'm sorry," the older man started. "If I-"
"You didn't do anything."
"No let me say this. You should hear it. I'm sorry if I caused you any inconvenience, I'm sorry if I was irritable sometimes-"
"Stop it Wes, you're human, everyone gets ways," Noah tried to diffuse, making the other man sigh.
"Noah," Wes said firmly. "I want you to know that I still love you, and I'm going to respect your choice. It's good that you nailed that audition, and maybe the whole squad and I can visit. Okay?" He stood up to kneel in front of his now ex boyfriend. He grabbed his hand to which Noah broke down again.
"Thank you for understanding," Noah squeezed his hand.
Wes understood why he didn't want to, to the very least, hug, because Wes wouldn't have let go.
"I want you to understand, that I'll wait that year, okay?" Wes explained, looking Noah in the eyes. "I'll wait and then you can take a proper rest with me okay?"
"You're gonna live your life and I'll live mine and then we'll see if our lives can intertwine."
"I already know the answer but if you need a break No, I'll wait. That's all I have for the matter. I'll see you later, okay?"